Mecca...aka Whole Foods

Options
wanderinglight
wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
So, am I the only one who loooooves Whole Foods?

I just realized today that they have all their recipes online!! Hurrah!! I love their soups, and was thrilled to learn that a scone that I'm addicted to is actually 200 calories instead of the usual 450.

Happy browsing:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/list_appetizer.html

Replies

• wanderinglight
    Options
    So, am I the only one who loooooves Whole Foods?

I just realized today that they have all their recipes online!! Hurrah!! I love their soups, and was thrilled to learn that a scone that I'm addicted to is actually 200 calories instead of the usual 450.

Happy browsing:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/list_appetizer.html
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    When i was in the states i LOVED whole foods. and now that i moved to the uk i keep thinking that if i ever win the lotterie i will open one here.
    i didnt like their prices though ... but hey, your health is more important then money.

your lucky to have one near by... enjoy it !!
    may
  • RunFree
    RunFree Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Lived off everything at Whole Foods when I was in Colorado and found them in Florida now!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I love whole foods however I am on a Trader Joes budget.....

dd
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I am a Whole foods and Trader Joes junkie.
    Soy from Whole foods and quinoa in bulk. 1.99 pound.
    trader joes-sprouted bread and tortilla, pre pkg almonds and lots of veggies
    They are both great
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I'm here in the home town of WF, but didn't know about that recipe site. Thanks.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I first went there just for my shirataki noodles. But every time I go there I find a couple of things that I just have to buy. mostly I get my kids snacks there. My daughter loves the carrot raisin bars if we had more money I would do all my shopping there.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    No Whole Foods, but a Frest Market just opened up at home.
    SOOOOOO excited.
  • dhcwong
    dhcwong Posts: 49
    Options
    we don't get shritake noodles in the UK! Not at least that i know.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THESE MAGIC NOODLES?

Dawn
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I live in the middle of Nowhere Indiana...so I have neither a Whole Food or Trader Joe's near me. Closest one is Indy ~ 71 miles or Chicago 90 miles! Guess I should plan a day trip one day and just go stock up!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Really great recipe site - if I do say so again.

I don't know what stores you would have in the UK, but Asian markets should have the noodles. They are refrigerated. The ones I get have a good expiration date, so you could stock up. I would try them first though. They are not to everyone's taste.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    My son lives near Boston and LOVES Whole Foods. I wish we had more variety where I live.....our local grocery chain pretty much has a monopoly, so we have to shop there, or at BJs or Sams club.....not many other choices.
  • aliciask
    aliciask Posts: 24
    Options
    I lived for that place when I was living in NYC.... The food bar? OMG! Mecca.
    We don't have one up here. :cry:
    I'm jealous.
    But we do have the wonder that is Wegman's......
  • krush
    krush Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's all the way!!!!!!!!
    Whole Foods is too expensive for my blood.
    In fact, I just had Trader Joe's Tofu Spring Rolls for dinner tonight.
    Very, very good!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Whole Foods but if their prices are like Trader Joes I'll just stay far, far away.
  • dhcwong
    dhcwong Posts: 49
    Options
    thanks dudes! i got the shritake noodles delivered and they are excellent!!
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    For anyone in Oregon....I'm really addicted to New Seasons. So good. Reasonably priced if you can shop their sales.

This is a good article on eating organic on a budget: http://www.stretcher.com/stories/03/03sep29e.cfm
    And they did their shopping at Trader Joe's and New Seasons.
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    I definitely have to plan carefully when shopping at Whole Paycheck, er, Whole Foods but man oh man do I loooooove it. I'm addicted to their baked goods, especially the scones. And the soup bar! So good.

Trader Joe's is definitely more my speed, finances-wise. Right now I'm eating one of their delicious low-cal Greek Salads and added some of their "Just Chicken" (pre-cooked grilled chicken) on top. Delish!
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    i posted this before.. but i LOVE eating at the whole foods buffet! BUT i dont know any of the caloric information.. and the recipies on their website are not the ones used in their buffet!! any help? any one have the same problem??
  • MiaEllie
    MiaEllie Posts: 84
    Options
    I agree with nopogal- New Seasons is the best! Wild Oats was a second runner up but it was recently taken over by Whole Foods aka "Whole Paycheck". By the way, now that "Whole Paycheck" has taken over Wild Oats, the employees have to fit a more conservative dress and appearance. Too bad they have to give up individuality to have a job at a grocery store:grumble: . A cashier told me that she can't even use the henna that they sell to customers according to their new Whole Foods policy. I should stop complaining...and just be happy that I have a choice of excellent food to buy.:flowerforyou: