RAW 'jalepeno' poppers

Okay so really it's mini bell peppers. I want to stuff it with a spicy almond cheese.....but don't know what spices to use.

So far i've got the basic recipe for almond cheese but could use a little help.

Replies

• chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Not sure about spices, I know I'd put some brown rice, ground turkey, tomato sauce, beans, and green chili though :). Thanks for the idea! I was just thinking about making big stuffed peppers, now I might do these mini's.
  • doreedawn
    doreedawn Posts: 11 Member
    Hmmm... definitely cumin, cayenne, maybe a good chili powder blend. In one of my raw "cook"books, the suggestion is cumin, cilantro, marjoram, oregano and thyme with smaller possible additions of saffron, chili or bay leaf.

Somewhat related... have you played with bloomed wild rice yet? I really like it when I use it to stuff things like this. It really adds to the texture and is filling!
  • Cayenne is good. You can also try black or white pepper.Those all taste good with almond cheese. You could also try jalapeno if you prefer something living/whole.
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Hmmm... definitely cumin, cayenne, maybe a good chili powder blend. In one of my raw "cook"books, the suggestion is cumin, cilantro, marjoram, oregano and thyme with smaller possible additions of saffron, chili or bay leaf.

Somewhat related... have you played with bloomed wild rice yet? I really like it when I use it to stuff things like this. It really adds to the texture and is filling!
    ]

Is bloomed wild rice the same as sprouted?
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    is bloomed wild rice the same as sprouted? and sorry if this appears as a double post... still trying to get the hang of replying with a quote...

: )