Hello!!

Options
So I'm a little nervous about making this post! I'm usually very private about my weight issues and dieting tactics. Maybe that has been the problem in the past? Anyway, I was recommended this site by a facebook friend, and so far I love it!

Anyway, to introduce myself, my name is Katie and I'm 23 years old. My birthday is in 2 weeks, though, so I'm alllllmost 24. Haha. Before I started this diet 5 days ago, I was a mess. I was probably consuming close to 3000 calories a day. No joke. A lot of those calories were from pop. I was absolutely addicted!! I would probably drink two 40 oz Pepsi's a day, if not more. Anyway, I decided to completely kick the habit, and make some major changes in my diet as well.

I have lost weight in the past, but never kept it off. Two years ago I lost about 35 pounds over the summer. I gained it all back AND MORE. I am crossing my fingers that this time might be for real and I might actually reach my goals!! Altogether, I need to lose about 60 pounds. Ideally, I would like to lose that weight by February, but at least by springtime next year!

I'm still young, and I have a 5 year old son who deserves a fit and healthy mom. My weight has always held me back from so many things... I can't wait to gain the confidence I need so badly!!