HCG Diet - Thoughts/Stories????

Options
13»

Replies

• glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1. Pretty happy on 500 calories a day. The HCG seems to mostly help keep you not hungry. I have kept muscle mass mostly and lost mostly body fat. I still work out (lifting very heavy) and feel fine.
    2. Don't do it without doctor supervision.
    3. Everyone is different and MFP's 1200 minimum guideline might not work for you. If anyone would like to question that, I have a very reputable endocrinologist who suggested that I limit myself to 600 or so calories a day to lose weight. Why did he recommend that? Because he spent time looking over bloodwork and other lab tests. So did my naturopath and so did my other MD (though she just told me to lose weight, not how). Again, see #2.
    4. Yes, it's some effort to keep this up afterwards. That goes for any weight loss. Stop paying attention and watch yourself go back to where you started (hi pot! it's me kettle!).

I work in the medical field and sorry to say, this does not sound like advice from a very reputable endocrinologist. I suggest a second opinion and change in doctors. Maybe ask your other MD what she recommends for weight loss. Just because someone has the letters after their name does not mean you should trust every word they say. Please do your own research and never trust someone based on the M.D. - you are still putting your health in a strangers hands. You are your own best advocate.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.
This discussion has been closed.