P90X starting 9/10/12

Options

Replies

• Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I did Power 90 for 3 weeks. I just started a modified p90x yesterday. I am doing an upper/lower lifting split with p90x Cardio, Plyo, Kenpo, Abs, and Xstretch mixed in.

I did Lower today with Xstretch.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be adding p90x workouts to my routine next Tuesday - I won't be doing the cardio as I'm training for races but will be doing chest/back, shoulders/arms, and leg/back routines. If that's good enough count me in :)
  • Tricia82
    Options
    Wow glad everyone is so involved with support on here! I did Cardio x today I am pretty sore from yesterdays Core Syn. I love it. Lets me know that its working. lol
  • The_Dude
    The_Dude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Nice going everyone!

Days 2 is in the history books for me. Plyo conquered and nutrition guide followed :)
  • Marquettedominos
    Options
    Did Kenpo X this morning. Drank 2 grasses of Chocolate milk 30 min beforehand. My HRM said I burned 874 Kcals...WOW.

Gonna do X-Stretch tonight again....
  • Marquettedominos
    Options
    Man where is everyone??? Anyways did X-Stretch tonight. Burned 489 Kcals. Feelin really good.
  • The_Dude
    Options
    P90X day 3 is done!

Got my arms shoulders and ab ripper x workouts in first thing this morning.

Did the same nutrition plan based diet as yesterday..

My body is feeling SORE!! I know Yoga is actually pretty intense but I'm looking forward to some stretching of these muscles too tomorrow.

Marquettedomi you are an animal. Doing doubles?
  • Marquettedominos
    Options
    P90X day 3 is done!

Got my arms shoulders and ab ripper x workouts in first thing this morning.

Did the same nutrition plan based diet as yesterday..

My body is feeling SORE!! I know Yoga is actually pretty intense but I'm looking forward to some stretching of these muscles too tomorrow.

Marquettedomi you are an animal. Doing doubles?

The_Dude. Not really doing doubles. I am more or less doing a Hybrid version with traditional lifting on M,T,TH,Fri. Saturdays is X-Cardio and Wed will switch between Kenpo-X and Plyo every other week. I will do X-stretch quite often. I dont feel that is an actual workout more like maintenance.

I use JEFIT PRO to log my lifting workouts and Endomondo with a Zephyr HXM for MR and Kcal burn.

Today I did Upper2. Here is the logs

regular pushups 10
    BB squat 98x5 98x5 98x5 (these are just for warmup. I use whatever my warmup weight was on my lower days)
    BB Bench Press 98x10 128x5 128x6
    BB Bent over row 128x6 128x5 128x8
    BB OHP 68x5 78x5 78x5
    BB Curl 80x8 80x8
    Bench Dip 25x12 25x15
    DB lat raise 25x8 25x10
    DB fly 50x8 50x10 40x10
    Pushup on exersice ball 10

All in all a good workout for me. My shoulder is not hurting as bad as I thought. Burned 634 Kcals in 63 minutes

I will probably do X-Stretch tonight again.... Tomorow is Lower2 and Deads( I love doing deads)
  • The_Dude
    Options
    Day 4 Yoga X is done!

@ Marquettedominos. Nice numbers. You must really bring the intensity to your lifting workouts to hit those calorie numbers. Way to go.

BTW. I launched a fitness challenge at work this week. It starts Monday 9/17 for 90 days and you get points for any exercise that elevates your heart rate continuously for 20+ minutes with a bonus at the end based on the higher of either % weight lost or % body fat lost. I'm hoping to motivate some colleagues which in turn will keep me motivated.
  • The_Dude
    Options
    Day 4 Yoga X is finito! Staid on track with my food too but found out my salad from work needs to go. Too much fat and carbs. So I will be looking into alternatives.
  • Marquettedominos
    Options
    l
  • Cmazzorana1993
    Cmazzorana1993 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am going to start p90x tomorrow 9/17. I attempted the program in the past but I could never complete because i didn't follow the nutrition. I would like to lose 20 pounds and tone up. I love the workouts and think they are so fun (except yogax) which is soo long. I hope joining this group will give the the motivation to finally stick with it and eat right.
  • The_Dude
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am going to start p90x tomorrow 9/17. I attempted the program in the past but I could never complete because i didn't follow the nutrition. I would like to lose 20 pounds and tone up. I love the workouts and think they are so fun (except yogax) which is soo long. I hope joining this group will give the the motivation to finally stick with it and eat right.

Welcome! Feel free to join the group mentioned on page 1 too.

For me week one is DONE! I'm feeling super good and excited that my wife and I completed all 6 workouts and Stretch X this week and didn't stray from the portion approach on the nutrition plan even once!

Not looking forward to having to get up early tomorrow but I am looking forward to the workout!
  • zjepsen
    Options
    P90X is an amazing program. Having support like this is what keep people on track. I got amazing results with the program. Make sure you guys keep posting about your progress I would love to see your results.
  • javalicious
    javalicious Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys. I started P90X this morning. It was really hard! I am using an assisted pull up bar at the gym. My muscles are pretty stiff from, the lack of exercise recently and so I struggled. I think I am going to do a quick 20 min deep stretch tonight and have a bath. GLAD TO BE JOINING YOU! I had this start date in the diary for the last 2 months. Looking forward to the change before Christmas.
    Female SW 204LBs
  • The_Dude
    Options
    @ Javalicious. Week 1 and 2 will make you sore if you haven't been working out that is for sure. But it does get better by the end of week 2 IIRC. I will let you know in a week if it holds true for me.

Wife and I got up bright and early at 5:40 am to take down Chest & Back + Ab ripper X. I was able to improve my reps and or weight in most exercises. I went back to using bands for the pull up moves after straining my lats on Friday, gotta stay injury free. I will be back on the pull up bar this Friday though.
  • The_Dude
    Options
    Still going strong!

Day 9 Plyometrics was conquered bright and early this morning again. Also, 9 days without any junk food or sweets. Lots and lots of protein!
  • whatwouldmulderdo
    Options
    I started P90X last Monday (10th). Did plyo today...it always kicks my butt!
  • The_Dude
    Options
    I started P90X last Monday (10th). Did plyo today...it always kicks my butt!

You are not alone there! Plyo is my nemesis lol.

Feel free to join our P90x starting in September group.

Today I completed arms & shoulders and ab ripper. Was able to complete ab ripper without hitting pause once!! So today I hit two mini goals. Making it to day 10 (double digits baby!) and completing all 339 ab ripper x moves + cool down in 16 minutes.

Bring it!
  • JPoisson
    Options
    I'm doing P90X Classic. I had started the program about a year and 1/2 ago, lost 15 pounds but did not follow it very well when my schedule became very busy. Right now I have just started Recovery Week 1 (4th week into the program). This time around marks the first time I've gotten through the first 3 weeks without missing a day, this last week I even did X-Stretch on my day off. As of last weigh in which was 2 weeks ago I had already lost 5 pounds but I believe at this point it is somewhere around 10-15 lbs. I've notice subtitle differences in my body and I have lost 2 1/2 inches in my waist and an inch overall around everywhere else. I'll be doing a weigh in tonight and see how much further I've progressed.

Of all the workouts I'd say the Plyo and YogaX kicks my *kitten* the most. I couldn't do Plyo the first 2 weeks, so I did Cardio-X instead. This week I decided to try Plyo again and I was able to do it, mind you it wasn't pretty but the fact I was able to manage was a huge feat. YogaX is my nemesis because I have trouble with the first 45 minutes, not the rest is a cake walk, but the Vinyasas kill me. I know over time I'll get better at it but right now it is a massive struggle.