What are YOU going to do to get or stay Healthy in 2010 and

Options
Goals keep us focused. So what are your goals for this year?

Write them down, date them, sign them, and keep them somewhere that you will see them several times every day (i.e. computer desk, fridge).

Shoot high but make them attainable, give yourself deadlines, do your research to make sure your methods have already been proven (forget about experiment and tinkering with the unknown) and then most importantly have faith in the process so that you know what you're doing is going to bring you closer to what you want. Without that kind of philosophy it's easy not to do what you need to do on the days you just don't feel like it.

Once you have all of that in place create a daily to do list of just a few simple things and check them off every single day. At the top of my daily to do list is "Work out". Any task that you give yourself, if compounded over time, will make a drastic difference over time ESPECIALLY the seemingly insignificant mundane daily things so make them all work for you.

At minimum do that for yourself! If you would like to share your goals for 2010 here with us or with me privately for extra accountability please do :)

Tom

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Tom- Your right about writing them down. For me writing them down here will have to count.

My goals for 2010 ;
    -loose another 20 pounds.
    -recycle more
    -eat less meat (this has more to do with sustainability of the planet and how much of an impact the meat we eat has on the planet both raised and wild caught)
    -continue to support my favorite charities even though my own economic situation makes it more difficult.

Thanks for starting this post.

JAM
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    :heart: My goals for 2010:

~ Continue to train hard
    ~ Eat as clean as possible
    ~ Measure my inches lost and not weight
    ~ Continue to try and drink a gallon of water a day
    ~ Get my certifications in MS Office
    ~ Get a great job
    ~ Hit my first goal of 130ish lbs
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Wonderful goals everyone! I'm happy to see you have them and are writing them down. I'm going to create something a little more elaborate to help people achieve their goals through the power of envisioning them. Envisioning works every time. Wishful thinking does not. My goal is to help people separate wishful thinking from envisioning and stand on the side of envisioning. We can all do that :)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do an Ironman. And get a new job.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thanks metalpalace! I AM doing the P90X program!! If I can do the insane INSANITY series I can do the P90X!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Tag to my topics - I will be back after I think!:smile:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Tag to my topics - I will be back after I think!:smile:

So what did you come up with? :)
  • metalpalace
    Options
    I posted a new thread today on Goal setting and success for life. Some of you seemed really interested in this so here is an exercise I learned from a VERY wildly successful entrepreneur Jeff Olson. I'm applying it to my health and fitness goals. This really does make a huge difference try it out for your own health and fitness goals

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73758-goal-setting-and-success-for-the-rest-of-your-life