How much protien?

Options
MyFitnessPal says 72g, but I hear from other places to eat 200g a day. I'm not trying to get huge, but I've started to add weight training into my regimen and want to get something out of it.

Replies

• kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    i've heard 1g/lb of lean muscle mass you have is a good proportion
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but....

I've heard 1 g for every pound of your goal weight.
  • dharmabum1974
    dharmabum1974 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i've heard 1g/lb of lean muscle mass you have is a good proportion

Thanks, I'll take that and look deeper. I'm mostly fat blubber mass right now, but I think I can figure that out.
  • npaverico
    Options
    Honestly, I don't track my protein and I am alway over what it says. You want more protien than carbs in your diet. Which I find it weird the MFP reverses it. Protein helps your muscles while working out.
  • dharmabum1974
    dharmabum1974 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't track my protein and I am alway over what it says. You want more protien than carbs in your diet. Which I find it weird the MFP reverses it. Protein helps your muscles while working out.

not everyone's goals are the same, of course, so MFP is set up for fat loss, not muscle gain
  • npaverico
    Options

not everyone's goals are the same, of course, so MFP is set up for fat loss, not muscle gain

I am specifically working for losing fat.. And is successful.. Thanks.