Addicted to the scale!

Options
I am really pleased with my weight loss so far and i'm averaging about 1-2lbs a week now i'm about 6 months into the lifestyle change.

The problem is that I have got into the habit of getting on the scales first thing when I get up EVERY MORNING. I know I should weigh myself weekly - definitely not daily. But I actually hate not knowing where I am every day - which of course makes no sense as so many factors affect how much I weigh on a single day.

Does anyone have any tips for getting themselves away from the scale and looking at other ways of telling weight has gone or just a way to keep themselves off the scales to stay motivated instead of frustrated?

977338.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    For me, Not weighing everyday has been motivating (I've been struggling lately...stress). Knowing I cant see my number makes me want to try harder. I used to weigh everyday and it was terrible. I put my scale under my bed, in the back, behind other things til friday morning. Then I weigh and put it back :)

BTW You are super pretty! Love your hair! :)
  • coolschmool
    Options
    Thanks! (You're super cute too!)

I think I might even give my scales to my mum to hide!

I've also found it crazy how much of an effect stress has on my weightloss (obviously you have lost an amazing amount that i'm dreaming of so you probably understand it more than me!)
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    step away from the scales... have someone in your house hide them from you and when its weigh in at the end of the week have them get it for you... problem solved
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Thanks! (You're super cute too!)

I think I might even give my scales to my mum to hide!

I've also found it crazy how much of an effect stress has on my weightloss (obviously you have lost an amazing amount that i'm dreaming of so you probably understand it more than me!)

I didn't lose it all the way I should have.
    It stressed me out too! It pushed me to the point of starving myself for six months. (im better now.... having problems with eating too much again, now) I was so obsessed that I did some damage to my body. i regret it so much. But since I started weighing once a week I dont have that problem anymore and I am doing better mentally.
  • Spiritnsoul1
    Options
    Hi There! I am new to the site.. I have tried every diet in the world, a nutristionist and trainer later, I learned how to eat and workout much more effectively. I used to be the same way (actually 3 times a day weighing myself so maybe worse) I learned to not look at a scale anymore and go strictly off the way my clothes started to fit by throwing away the scale. So the only way I could weigh myself was at the doctors or at the gym. I actually lost weight quicker that way because I stopped stressing myself out with the scale. My starting point was 162lbs and I dropped to 138lbs in matter of 6-8 months. After giving up the scale, I noticed my clothes would fit loose, after trying on some jeans from highschool that fit perfectly I jumped on the scale to find out I was at 138lbs. hang in there and stay away from the scale!