Water additives

Options
If I add a packet of lemonade powder to a 16 oz bottle of water, it is still worth two servings of water, yes?

+10 calories for the powder itself

But otherwise it doesn't diminish the benefits of the water?

Replies

• ReyneDrop
    ReyneDrop Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Some people will say no.

I say absolutely. There is NO conclusive evidence that your body needs 8 fl oz of plain water. In fact, most people don't need 8 fl oz of any liquid a day to stay hydrated as long as they eat high-water-content foods. I am for 8 fl oz of water-based liquids a day, like broth, water, milk, juice, etc. H2O is H2O.

Sure, the lemonade powder has sugar, calories, sodium, and additives in it that your body doesn't necessarily need, but you shouldn't have to suffer through to get your "water goals."
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I say yes. i get bored drinking plain water so I often add mio (well the great value brand) to my water and I still count it as water. But as far as counting sodas as water and that kind of thing I don't do it.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I eat watermelon and jello all day long. I rarely drink water.
  • ReyneDrop
    ReyneDrop Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat watermelon and jello all day long. I rarely drink water.

Like. Very much.
  • Zyphun
    Zyphun Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Just remember any additives you add to water should be logged. Especially those that are zero calorie. The sodium in some is actually significant and if you are watching your intake it can make or break you.
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That's how I get my water intake. Add Wyler's Lemonade to go. They also have tea, pink lemonade, fruit punch.
    City water sucks!!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I personally think drinking 8 - 8 ounce glasses a water a day is highly over rated. I think the reason we are told to drink so much is because we don't eat enough fresh, raw fruits and veggies. As I stated earlier, I eat a ton of watermelon and strawberries. All fruits and veggies are loaded with water. Even a potato is 75% water.
    And I am peeing all day long. Some times I need to run to the bathroom, I pee so much.
    I am sure some will disagree, and I am ok with that.