Am i eating to much sugar for weight loss??

Options
Am i eating to much sugar for weight loss?? I am under my caloric goals for the day, however i go over my sugar by like 45g a day. I'm addicted to yogurt and that's whats hurting me. Yoplait light 90 calorie. My diary is open for anyone to look at. I am loosing weight slowly. roughly a pound a week. Just don't need something this small to halt or contribute to any weight gain. I feel full and satisfied until each meal after eating. I feel healthy and great typically. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some sort of metabolic disorder such as insulin resistance or diabetes, I wouldn't worry about sugar. My sugar is very rarely under 200g, and I've been losing just fine.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't stop you then don't worry about it, its very personal. As you're losing anyway there is no reason for you to track sugar unless you have been told to by your doctor.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    As one that exceeds his sugar intake the only suggestion that I would make is, if you feel that you are eating too much sugar, replace one of the 2 yogurts/day that you are eating with a serving of vegetables (Kinda sounded like your parent there for a second, huh?). I would replace the one you have with dinner with a serving of vegetables.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some sort of metabolic disorder such as insulin resistance or diabetes, I wouldn't worry about sugar. My sugar is very rarely under 200g, and I've been losing just fine.

Report back in 10 years or so.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options

I have fasting blood glucose tested at least every year, every single time low range of normal.
  • barger01
    barger01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much for the quick feedback! I really appreciate all the remarks :)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

I have fasting blood glucose tested at least every year, every single time low range of normal.

I think Teenage Mutasnt Ninja Turtles have a special sugar resistance thanksto the toxic whatever got on them.
    (Looking at his ticker)
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Why not try substituting a greek yogurt for the light yoplait, lots of artificial stuff in those low fat and light style foods that can sometimes inhibit weight loss. Just a thought....
  • naylyn
    Options
    Yes remove the Yoplait and replace with a natural fruit like Strawberries or Pineapples. Also you need more protein in your diet. Try taking out the frozen meals. Go to this site: www.SparkPeople.com, you can get low fat recipes that you can make through out the week to eat for lunches and dinners.
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I used to have a sugary yogurt problem: Dannon Activia. Man, I LOVE that stuff. Cherry was my favorite. But I was blowing my entire sugar allotment each morning with just one of those suckers. If it's not a problem and you're meeting your fitness goals, then who cares? I wanted to clean up my diet and add more protein so I switched to Greek yogurt with fruit. It is absolutely not the same but I'm used to it. And it's actually not that bad. Just depends on your goals and how it makes you feel.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options

I think Teenage Mutasnt Ninja Turtles have a special sugar resistance thanksto the toxic whatever got on them.
    (Looking at his ticker)
    lol. I will say that the majority of my sugar intake is right before, or directly after my workouts. And btw, last time I checked, definitely all woman.