Would oatmeal be a good lunch choice?

Options
I know most people have oatmeal for breakfast, but I just have a big protein shake as my breakfast. I was thinking oatmeal will be a good lunch choice because it's so filling & would probably hold me over well until dinner. Or is that too many carbs to be eating so late in the day?

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    why are you scared of carbs??? The only thing that matters hit your macros/micros and eat less then your body uses calorie goal wise..its not hard
  • rickphill
    rickphill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your body will process and digest oatmeal for lunch the same as it would at breakfast. Enjoy your oatmeal whenever you want.
  • ReyneDrop
    ReyneDrop Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly fine! I know you're probably wanting to avoid the blood sugar spike and crash, and as long as you don't eat too much sugar (I might have a tsp or two of brown sugar, but I'm a sugar fiend), you will be fine! Oatmeal is typically slower-digesting (hence why it keeps you feeling full) so don't miss out on the benefits of oatmeal because of the carb content
  • maryjay51
    Options
    oatmeal is good for you. eat it if you want it
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would be a problem, I personally prefer savory lunches but hey if it's what you like........do it!!!
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal for lunches all the time. I love it, it keeps me filled up during the work day so I am not grabbing for anything I shouldn't have. I use weight watcher oatmeal, taste great, and i only put on the pink package sugar, nothing else. Very low in calories and carbs! Go for it
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    DO you like oatmeal?
    If so, eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack. Or all 4
  • kaylabrianna
    Options
    Yes it's grate for lunch! It'll sure fill you up, I've just finished having mine for lunch!
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I keep a packet of instant regular oatmeal at my desk for when I've forgotten to pack lunch. It's tasty and it fills me up. I say go for it!
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal for lunch it is! And I really do love oatmeal, honestly I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks lol! :happy:
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Oatmeal for lunch it is! And I really do love oatmeal, honestly I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks lol! :happy:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Pete for the win!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

Haha!
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I had oatmeal for lunch today. Its yummy, healthy and you can add fruit, nuts, peanut butter etc. So many different options. Enjoy
  • pg3ibew
    Options

Haha!

Just for the record. I have NEVER EVER eaten Oatmeal. I can't even say that I don't like it. I don't even know what it tastes like.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you like it and it makes you feel good - go for it.
    Just keep an eye on your macros (protein/carbs/fat) to make sure you are keeping them in balance.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Before my recent surgery I ate oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter and a half a banana every night around 8pm no issues.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal for a late morning snack or lunch..... I usually have greek yogurt and fruit with it. Doesn't matter when you eat it, it is healthy and will fill you up.
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat oatmeal for dinner! You can add some protein powder to it if you want to. Yum!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want when ever you want. All that matters is a calorie budget either daily or weekly. You can even eat low one day and high the next if the weekly budge is met. It's a calorie budget, just like a financial budget.
  • JasmineDO
    JasmineDO Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is great I eat it all the time breafast, lunch or dinner its good to eat when you want to be full and not have to eat a bunch. I normally eat one or two packes depending on how hungry I am, there is not alot of caloroies in it so its pretty good.