Having Trouble Eating Enough Calories!

Options
2»

Replies

• JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Peanut & nut butters have already been mentioned :smile:

I suggest also adding in some coconut oil. I use Nutiva organic coconut oil... a spoonful once a day usually, or whenever I think about it.
  • OutForBrains
    Options
    @californiagirl2012
    I think you misunderstood my statement. I don't have to eat a certain number of calories before I work out. It's recommended that I eat 1200 calories not including calories I "earn" for working out. I eat breakfast before I work out, and lunch and dinner after. I'm looking to loose about twenty pounds; I'm not overweight, but I'd like to be more fit. If I only ate when I was hungry, I would probably starve. I could easily eat 3, 100 calorie meals and be fine when it comes to hunger. I have functioned on one small meal mid-day before without being hungry, which I think we can agree is not healthy. Unfortunately, "just eat when you're hungry" is not great advice for everyone. I CANNOT eat whenever I want. I have to eat when I have time, which is not very often. Between school, work, and my workouts, both my breakfast and lunch are on the go every single weekday. If I skip those, I don't get to eat until dinner.

@DonnaLeeCattes
    Ahhh! That's perfect for what I'm looking for! Thanks you so much!

@CRAZYPEANUTBUTTERPEOPLE
    You all need your own cult of peanut butter lovers, haha. I don't think I could eat just peanut butter. It makes my stomach clench even thinking about it. Plus, I'd probably burn all the calories I got from it just trying to unstick it from the roof of my mouth, heh hehe. :]
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Easy calories to add - even in college - are things people live on:

Rice, lentils, beans, bread
    Butter, whole milk, cheese
    Figs, almonds, dates

Helping of any of those things will add a few hundred calories to your day
  • dwnana2411
    Options
    Do you have a refrigerator? If so or acess to 1 consider yogurt, and fresh or can fruit. I like the granola and use it with yogurt and fresh or canned fruit.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Prepare all your meals the day before. You may want to look into protein powder to make smoothies for their portability and convenience for when you can't eat a meal in between classes.