Inspiration needed for dinner!!

Options
KT022
KT022 Posts: 46 Member
I always make the same old boring things and I really want to mix it up!

I'm in the mood to use beef mince for dinner, and I have ALL the staple ingredients plus can go out and buy some - we also have chicken, sausages, steak and chuck beef for casseroles - so give me all your ideas!

I am looking for something relatively low calorie and chocka'd with vegies!

Replies

• AimzStar88
    Options
    Healthy Meatballs :)

- 500g lean beef mince
    - Half a carrot, grated
    - A celery stick or 2, grated - Half an onion, diced
    - 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
    - Handful of chopped parsley
    - 1/2 cup almond meal (or bread crumbs if you
    are not worried about carbs)
    - 1 egg
    - Chilli flakes, to taste
    - 1 teaspoon of meat seasoning (I use one that
    has cumin, chilli, garlic and oregano in it) - 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
    - Salt & pepper to taste

Before cooking let the meatballs set in the fridge for about 30 mins or so!

Cook these on a tray with a wire so it has the opportunity to dip all the unwanted grossness out of the meatball and then doesn’t have to sit it in. Set the grill to about 180 degrees and cook for around 5-7 each side until you think they are ready!
  • KT022
    Options
    Healthy Meatballs :)

- 500g lean beef mince
    - Half a carrot, grated
    - A celery stick or 2, grated - Half an onion, diced
    - 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
    - Handful of chopped parsley
    - 1/2 cup almond meal (or bread crumbs if you
    are not worried about carbs)
    - 1 egg
    - Chilli flakes, to taste
    - 1 teaspoon of meat seasoning (I use one that
    has cumin, chilli, garlic and oregano in it) - 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
    - Salt & pepper to taste

Before cooking let the meatballs set in the fridge for about 30 mins or so!

Cook these on a tray with a wire so it has the opportunity to dip all the unwanted grossness out of the meatball and then doesn’t have to sit it in. Set the grill to about 180 degrees and cook for around 5-7 each side until you think they are ready!

These sound great! Celery and carrot in the meatballs?! I never would have thought about that!! If this passes the bf's approval for dinner then this might be a winner, but then again I'm the chef so it may not even matter what he wants :P
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Taco salad? Cook your beef up with chopped onions and green peppers and minced garlic. Serve over a bed of salad greens with cheese, salsa, guacamole. Crumble some taco chips on top if you have calories available. One of my go-to meals when I'm tired! You can also/instead put chips on the bottom, but if I'm just using a couple I put on top.

Also, I believe that beef mince is what we would call ground beef in the US? You could always search for more recipes using the other term.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm finding a ton of recipes on Pintrest!!
  • KT022
    Options
    I'm finding a ton of recipes on Pintrest!!

I don't get how to use Pintrest - but on a side note - how cool is supernatural?!
  • KT022
    Options
    Taco salad? Cook your beef up with chopped onions and green peppers and minced garlic. Serve over a bed of salad greens with cheese, salsa, guacamole. Crumble some taco chips on top if you have calories available. One of my go-to meals when I'm tired! You can also/instead put chips on the bottom, but if I'm just using a couple I put on top.

Also, I believe that beef mince is what we would call ground beef in the US? You could always search for more recipes using the other term.

Ahh ground beef! Thanks :)