How Did You Get Here?

Options
What inspired you to join MFP.com? I had to think about how I got here and remembered that I found this site from a Google search about why my feet got numb on the ellliptical machine! I wasn't the only one and I felt like I would be welcomed. 2 years later and I'm still here!

What's your story?

Replies

• JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I found MFP about a year and a half ago. It was when I was struggling to quit drinking alcohol. My diet suffered because of my binge drinking. So... the drinking was the underlying problem, though I was coming at it from the food & exercise angle... and I did this strategically to sort of coax myself to quit :happy: It worked! I finally quit in November when I married my husband... and its been truly life changing. The food & exercise are falling into place (along with hard work, of course). I started lifting weights in November... just took a two month hiatus, and now I'm back again for my 2nd phase of weight lifting. Life is good :drinker:
  • MyHerbaLiving
    Options
    I needed something that would hold me accountable, was easily accessible and had like minded individuals. And now I am here. LOL. I first saw one of my followers on Twitter mention it. After a few days I looked it up and joined. Been hooked (almost) every since.

Good Luck to you on your fitness journey!
  • jdcoop79
    jdcoop79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to join WW but couldn't afford it. I have a points calculator and know my daily points plus range, but wanted the phone app. I started watching Extreme Makeover, Weight Loss Edition to get tips and stay motivated. I was watching the "where are they now" for Jaqui and read her blog suggesting MFP. I'm skeptical on the accuracy on items I search for but don't scan, otherwise I love it. I'd lost about 30 pounds before trying this (WW on my own over 2 years), but was having trouble losing the rest of the weight. It seems like MFP has a lot of the same tools that WW has, barcode scanner, recipe builder, and it's free!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    My friends were talking about it and I came to check it out. That was just a couple of weeks ago.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Great stories!!! Jen almost made me cry.
  • pixelsurgeon88
    pixelsurgeon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I heard about it through a YouTube blogger and I never knew counting calories could be so easy ;).
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My roomie recommended this site, I've only been here a few weeks, and it's been GREAT! :heart:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    My city does this 12 week weight loss challenge 'Pound Plunge' every year. I decided to join and over heard some of the other Pound plungers talking about this website so I checked it out and have been hooked ever since
  • amadacorazon
    amadacorazon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had downloaded another app, LoseIt. But then came across MFP and decided to try it because of many good reviews it received. I started using it on and off about 6 months ago. Recently some friends posted about it & I decided to give it a more serious go at it. So far so good!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I had been exercising to loose weight but knew I needed to count calories too. I Googled to see if there was an on-line data base for food calories and found MFP. It was love at first sight. I have been on for just over a year and recommend it to anyone who asks how I lost 125 pounds.
  • banks89202
    Options
    I just found this site a week ago and I have already lost 6lbs!! I found this at first when I downloaded the app. Now I am hooked!! I have shared this on my art fan page and my personal facebook page to spread the word! :)
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight on my own, and the Sheriff in the agency where I worked told me about MFP. I had kind of hit a plateau, so I started using it and discovered I was eating WAY to few calories. I have been hooked ever since. I think that was about 30 pounds ago!