gaining weight

Options
2»

Replies

• kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make a fortune making a scale that will only allow you to weigh once a week.

Do it! I would buy it. I am obsessed with the stupid thing and wish I could only weigh myself once a week.

ha! patent pending! Y'all don't steal that :-)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating over your limit so much because you're not eating enough. I'm only 4' 10 1/2" and I can't survive on 1200 calories. When I try, I end up binging because I'm restricting myself too much.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Oh snap. I should've read the rest before replying. This link comes highly recommended. :bigsmile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You're likely eating high sodium foods and your body is retaining water because of it. Or you knew you were eating high sodium food so you drank a ton of water to compensate and you haven't flushed it yet. Remember that two cups of water in your gut can add a pound on the scale. Are you gaining weight or fat? No. Do you weigh more at the moment? Yes.

You'd need to eat about 3500 calories OVER your TDEE (not your calorie goal) to gain even one true pound. So unless you ate about 5500 calories, you didn't actually gain even one "real" pound.

Some bodies just hold onto it easier/longer. For example, I had Asian food last night. I wear a BodyMedia Fit and based on all the data, I ate about 4 calories more than I burned yesterday. But this morning I was four pounds heavier than yesterday. I didn't really gain that weight back. I had a crap ton of sodium, drank a ton of water knowing I was eating it, ate three hours later than usual (meaning my body had three fewer hours to digest it before I weighed), and I also didn't have a "full" bathroom visit pre-scale (if you know what I mean). So, knowing my body, eating right and drinking plenty of water, I'll be down probably about half of it by tomorrow and then the rest will be gone before the weekend. Then I can be back on track with losing again.

So just ride it out and you'll be fine. You're not really gaining weight from 600 calories. :)

Excellent explanation of scale weight fluctuations and why they should not be looked at in the short term.
  • metallicalover777
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL FOR SUCH AN EXCELLENT SUPPORT..............