Over 300 pounds - 34 Pounds Gone - I can finally tell!

Options
Since I weigh over 300 pounds and see myself in the mirror every day, it's hard to notice my weight loss. I kept thinking people were making comments to be nice and encourage me. I'd thank them, but in the back of my head, I'd think, "There is no way they can tell. I can't even tell."

Well, today I was finally able to buy a smaller shirt, and I've gone down another size in pants. I decided to take some pictures, and when I compared them to photos I haven't seen in a few months, it became more obvious.

I added them to my blog, along with my thoughts on each one. I don't feel like copying it all over and re-uploading all of the pics, so follow the link if you want to take a look.

Hopefully, this will be an inspiration to others who are starting out at 300+ pounds.

http://drawn-to-scale.blogspot.com/p/photos.html

Replies

• Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job :) It's amazing what photos can do, whenever I look in the mirror I can't see any difference either
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Definitely noticable! Wonderful job and keep up the hard work!!!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I started out near 300...285 and lost over 100. You're doing great. I'm happy that you are able to see the results. That's encouraging and helps keep you motivated. Keep up the good work!
  • JamieLee1013
    Options
    YAY!!! You're doing awesome! AND I can see the difference. One pound at a time is all it takes! Keep it up!
  • CaraHeather
    CaraHeather Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    great job on seeing results from working hard toward your goal! I am glad your feet feel better. That is a NSV
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's hard to notice a change when you see yourself every day. Keep up the amazing work, and be more positive! Of course you're losing weight, you're working hard, aren't you? ;)
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    great job on seeing results from working hard toward your goal! I am glad your feet feel better. That is a NSV
    That's one of my favorite NSVs so far. Last fall/winter, it was so bad I couldn't stand for longer than ten minutes, and I couldn't walk very far. It felt like I had knives in my arches and a C-clamp pressing the top of my left foot. That really scared me. I didn't want to end up in a scooter. Talk about a wake-up call. In addition to the health concern, I missed out on a lot of things. If there was no way for me to sit down every 10 minutes, I didn't want to go.

It's much better now. :) I can stand for long-ish periods of time, and walking isn't an issue anymore. I went to the mall with a friend a couple weeks ago, and we spent about four or five hours walking around and standing in stores with no breaks. My feet were a little bit achy, but no more than anyone else standing on their feet for a few hours. After we ate lunch, we walked some more.

One of my biggest reasons for keeping a blog is to remind myself, months/years from now, about what I went through and how very, very important it is to never, ever get that big again. Ever.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic! Thank You for sharing your weight loss journey with all of us on MFP. I am so honored to be one of your MFP Friends.
  • EnchantedEvening
    Options
    You are doing fantastic! Thank You for sharing your weight loss journey with all of us on MFP. I am so honored to be one of your MFP Friends.
    Thanks! :)

I'm usually pretty shy about being "look at me!", but I felt happy tonight and wanted to share. I'm hoping other people over 300 pounds will read this and see that even if the weight loss isn't obvious at first, there are so many little changes that come with it that will make them feel better (both physically and emotionally).
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And you can definitely see a difference-you should be extremely proud of yourself.:flowerforyou:
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Go you!
  • Nidiamazing
    Options
    Very motivating to see! I'm over 300 pounds too. Hope you don't mind I added you as a friend! :)
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You're off to an awesome start, you have the right attitude. Keep up the great work, it will show more and more and just wait til you can feel the results... especially energy-wise. I feel like I'm back in my early 20s now!

Bravo, awesome job!
  • aimmer20
    aimmer20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is very inspiring. I'm just getting started and I can't wait to be where you are. Thanks for sharing.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a great job!! I can definitely see a big difference. You have a pretty neck now. Not that it wasn't pretty before, it is just more defined now. Keep up the good work!
  • EnchantedEvening
    Options
    Very motivating to see! I'm over 300 pounds too. Hope you don't mind I added you as a friend! :)
    I don't mind at all! I love seeing weight changes in my news feed.
  • EnchantedEvening
    Options
    You are doing such a great job!! I can definitely see a big difference. You have a pretty neck now. Not that it wasn't pretty before, it is just more defined now. Keep up the good work!
    Haha. :) I know what you mean. I actually said, "WHOA," when I saw the original shot of my neck from the side. I hadn't seen those pictures in a long time, so it really was an eye-opener.

I wear that pendant every day, so when I look through Facebook photos and such, it's funny to see it progress from right up by my neck last fall to hanging below the hollow of my neck in shots taken this summer.
  • VogtAndrea
    Options
    GOOD GOING!!!!!
  • wolfsoul121
    wolfsoul121 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY can tell the difference. Keep it up!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Since I weigh over 300 pounds and see myself in the mirror every day, it's hard to notice my weight loss. I kept thinking people were making comments to be nice and encourage me. I'd thank them, but in the back of my head, I'd think, "There is no way they can tell. I can't even tell."

Well, today I was finally able to buy a smaller shirt, and I've gone down another size in pants. I decided to take some pictures, and when I compared them to photos I haven't seen in a few months, it became more obvious.

I added them to my blog, along with my thoughts on each one. I don't feel like copying it all over and re-uploading all of the pics, so follow the link if you want to take a look.

Hopefully, this will be an inspiration to others who are starting out at 300+ pounds.

http://drawn-to-scale.blogspot.com/p/photos.html

wow!!!!!!!! def a difference.. you look a lot healthier and happier too.. much better lady! keep it up.. soon you will be in the 200's and never see those 300's again!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!