How to eat during work hours for energy later

Options
Hey everyone,

I have been trying to find the right combination of foods to eat/time of day to eat them for lunch/snacks while I am at work so that I will still have energy for jogging right after. I will jog no matter what, but I'd like to have more energy based on what I eat and when. My diet is healthy and i was born with a massive love for veggies, fruit and carbs. Here is more info..

I am a dog groomer and this job exhausts anyone (The kind that is moving allll over the shop, lifting, walking, helping, cleaning). I work from 7:30-4:30 and I hit the treadmill by 5:30 for my 4 mile run. Protein/Carb/Fruit Breakfast and tea at 7, some sort of fruit/veg/nuts for a snack around 10am, and lunch between 12-1. Lunch is usually 200-300 calories and a combination of these kinds of items- turkey, wheat/grain bread, tomatos, chicken, salad, some sort of fruit, leftover corn, peanut butter, brown rice, dried fruit, nothing crazy. For the remaining four hours I drink alot of water and may have an oz or two of beef jerky or another bite of fruit.

When I get on the treadmill around 5pm, I'm usually a zombie without the hollywood ability to run fast. (when I was on a 10 day vacation I ran on an empty stomach in the morning (after honey with tea) and I could jog with ease. Should I be eating my lunch later? eating less at work and starving for a big dinner? Do you get energy from food right after you eat it or when it digests? Is there something small I can eat right after work that will give me energy to run?

Thanks for reading all this,
Raquel