2 backpacking trips, 1 year apart, almost 40lbs difference

Options
So I went on a backpacking trip a couple of weeks ago for 3 days with my dog-my first backpacking trip in a year, and my first solo alpine trip. I was thinking about how much easier it was since I have lost weight (and am still losing). Now, with a FULLY LOADED backpack, I am still carrying the same or LESS weight than I was carrying just on my frame walking around a year ago, let along with a fully loaded pack! I am still in the process of losing-as you can see I have a fair bit left to lose especially in my abdomen. I think realistically maybe another 35lbs but my goal weight is lower and I'll adjust it as I get closer. I know that my weight loss is not as fast as it could have been, but I am happy with slow and steady!

2q09gfp.jpg25k1vyc.jpg
30a52j8.jpg8yrrd2.jpg

Replies

• MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    WOW - what a difference!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You go girl !!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm inspired to go camping now.
  • 1Tim4v8
    Options
    Well All I know is your Awesome for living life! My dad and I have been talking about back packing and camping for years, and its like I am waiting to start my life, lame I know, but wtg 4 u! And you have inspired me
  • mustgetmuscles1
    Options
    Bump.
  • ampherz
    ampherz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Backpacking is the best. It can burn so much fat without being super intense. And if you're packing lightweight, you're probably not going to eat back every calorie. Good to see other backpackers on here.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much you guys! Our incredible nature is definitely what motivates and inspires me.
    LOL I find a lot of backpacking to be pretty intense actually, whether your load is fairly light or not, because it's pretty hard work going up and down mountains. However, the scenery is usually so stunning it balances out. Plus, it's hard not to feel good about your accomplishment when you've earned your way to a beautiful spot! :)
  • ampherz
    ampherz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's definitely intense, I just find it's easier for me than running. I can walk up a mountain all day.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    Options
    Thanks so much you guys! Our incredible nature is definitely what motivates and inspires me.
    LOL I find a lot of backpacking to be pretty intense actually, whether your load is fairly light or not, because it's pretty hard work going up and down mountains. However, the scenery is usually so stunning it balances out. Plus, it's hard not to feel good about your accomplishment when you've earned your way to a beautiful spot! :)

Absolutely!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!