I've decided to kick my *kitten* this week!

Options
:devil:

Sometimes my body hates me. Well this week it will want me dead after what I'll be putting it through. Not specifically because it's
X-Mass time or anything, I don't plan on going overboard this week, but since it's a slow work week and I can probably get in an hour a day at the gym in my office complex without causing problems, this week gives me the opportunity to really kick some serious butt!

I'm a big fan of cobbling together serious, nasty, gasping, edge of nausea, hardcore, anaerobic, wobbly muscled HIIT type training. I do it every so often (you can find a couple on my blog if you like).

Well this is a good week to try some out.

I'll let you know how it turns out, if I have the strength to type after that is. :tongue:

The big question is do I destroy my upper body, my lower body, or both? Decisions, Decisions!

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Looking forward to hearing what kind of torture you inflict on your body. And here I thought shoveling my driveway yesterday was torture! My arms are killing me. :tongue:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Sometimes my body hates me. Well this week it will want me dead after what I'll be putting it through. Not specifically because it's
    X-Mass time or anything, I don't plan on going overboard this week, but since it's a slow work week and I can probably get in an hour a day at the gym in my office complex without causing problems, this week gives me the opportunity to really kick some serious butt!

I'm a big fan of cobbling together serious, nasty, gasping, edge of nausea, hardcore, anaerobic, wobbly muscled HIIT type training. I do it every so often (you can find a couple on my blog if you like).

I'll let you know how it turns out, if I have the strength to type after that is. :tongue:

The big question is do I destroy my upper body, my lower body, or both? Decisions, Decisions!

That's kinda hot. lol
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    ahh, thanks Kath. I'll be sure to let you guys know. I just put together a routine, not quite 1 hour, but brutal non-the-less. I'll post if if you like. It's about 45 minutes, about 30 of which are brutally bad.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

That's kinda hot. lol

:embarassed:

I doubt you'd say that if you saw me after one, I'll be a sweaty, panting, red faced mess!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unadulterated, pure, muscle pain. Oh and fatigue, lots and lots of wearyness!

that was an AWESOME routine. My arms are still shaking from it. And my Quads have that warm, glowie, weak feeling you get after a great hardcore workout.

I'll post the routine after I go eat some carbs and protein so I stop shaking. :tongue:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    ok so now that Ive eaten and I'm no longer shaky :frown:

here's the routine. If you have any questions, please ask, or email me.

it took about 50 minutes and I burned about 550 calories (actually about 640 but I subtract my RHR from it)

-yoga streching for 5 minutes
    -5 minutes of warm up on the treadmill
    -6 minutes of modefied squat thrust (I add 20 lb dumbells, an overhead press, and a pushup) 1 minute on, 30 seconds off repeat 4 times
    - 3 sets of 20 upper ab only crunches with a 20 lb plate on my chest. 20 rest 30 seconds, repeat.
    -4.5 minutes of 24" dead drop double jump with 15 lb dumbells. (step up on a bench, drop to the floor and immediately jump straight up, turn around, repeat) 1 minute on, 30 seconds off 3 times.
    -5 minutes of pushup twists (these are awesome). do a pushup, then spin your outside arm to a reverse tricep plank position (body facing the ceiling), then complete the move with the other arm and do another pushup, reverse and do it again, you should be able to do 8 to 12 per minute. 1 minute on, 1 minute off 3 times.
    -3 sets of 20 of lower ab work, combo leg lift, straight leg vertical press. Never touch the floor with your feet, legs should be locked out straight throughout the routine. 1 minute on, 30 seconds off 3 times. For advanced users add a twist at the top of the vertical press to work the obliques and hip flexors.
    - 5 minutes of 20 meter sprints (these are the killer ending routine), find a clear 15 foot space, start at one wall, with the palm of the hand opposite to of the wall, touch the wall, then sprint to the other wall and touch, reverse and sprint again, then again. this is about 20 meters, stop, and rest for 5 seconds, then go again, do this for 1 minute. rest for 30 seconds. Do this 3 times.
    -5 minute slow jog cool down on the treadmill.
    -5 minute yoga stretches.

all done. collapse in a heap!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    ha! you lost me at the squat thrusts :sick:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    ha! you lost me at the squat thrusts :sick:

awwww, cmon mojo, you know you want this routine! It kicks *kitten*! I feel stronger, faster, more agile already.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Banks, I need you to come here and have me do your routine with you... when I read it on the computer it's like reading Japanese for me :blushing: :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    lol, maybe I should make a video, it would be easier to understand.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    FYI, I'm subbing out the Squat thrusts with weighted walking lunges today since my shoulders are still mush from yesterday, same interval (6 minutes, 1 minute on, 30 seconds off, 4 intervals)
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    lol, maybe I should make a video, it would be easier to understand.

Yes! You tube is your friend! :wink:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I should probably find an actor to perform these routines, I'm not sure I'm "youtube friendly" enough to post something like that!
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    I should probably find an actor to perform these routines, I'm not sure I'm "youtube friendly" enough to post something like that!
    :laugh:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Oh man, Steve, my PT made me do spider push ups today...holy crap! I was thinking to myself that you'd enjoy watching my muscles tremble and give out as I attempted them. <insert evil smiley>
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I have been using the down time at work to work out more too. I do my cardio in the morning ( 45 minutes of elliptical) and then at lunch I go and do some more. Yesterday was lane swimming today it was an upper body workout. Tomorrow my lower body is going to get some attention
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Oh man, Steve, my PT made me do spider push ups today...holy crap! I was thinking to myself that you'd enjoy watching my muscles tremble and give out as I attempted them. <insert evil smiley>

It would satisfy me greatly to have you whine at the fourth set of pushup squat thrust shoulder presses. Either that or watch you attempt to spin during your final set of pushup twists!

All I know is, by my final set of 10 meter sprints, My heart rate is right at about 91% Max or so, so anyone who doesn't think you get good cardio during this is crazy. I did leg heavy today (did walking lunges instead of the pushup squat thrusts) and I burned about 500 calories in 43 minutes, not including cooldown.