Bridesmaid dress fits! Woo!

Options
I'm going to be in a wedding in November. About a week and a half ago, I tried it on. It's a strapless dress so normally I can put them on alone by zipping it backwards and twisting it around, but it was sooo tight that I couldn't twist it once it zipped. So I had to have my mom help me with it. Today I tried it and was able to put it on by myself, but now I'm worried it might be too big come the wedding! Yikes!

Anyone else have any recent inspiring moments? :)

Replies

• EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

Don't worry about it becoming too big. A good seamstress can take in a dress up to two sizes.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.

I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding next month, and they've had to take the dress in. I'm also the slimmest BM.
  • ginbookus
    Options
    Hahaha umm, I guess you could say I have boobs but they won't be able to hold my dress up if I lose too much. :P
  • ginbookus
    Options
    Yes, but that costs money hahaha. But in the end I'd rather lose the weight than worry about the size. :)
  • ginbookus
    Options
    That's awesome.

I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding next month, and they've had to take the dress in. I'm also the slimmest BM.

Awesome, hope you have fun! :)
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Do u have big boobs?

..the ****?
  • kat191
    Options
    Do u have big boobs?

..the ****?

Lol
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I was a bridesmaid last month , was about 170lbs when I purchased the dress by July I was 154 lb :) I took my dress in to get adjusted , wasn't too expensive but very glad I did because it fitted beautifully :)

Have fun at the wedding , you will look fab :)
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats I know the feeling :bigsmile: in January i could not lace up my wedding dress and now it laces up and is falling off :flowerforyou:
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i'm a bridesmaid in a wedding at the end of this october. when i bought the dress back in april, i was able to squeeze into a size 4 -- same size as the bride and also the thinnest bridesmaid! it was snug but i figured i could lose some more weight in time for the wedding. WRONG. i put on about 10lbs since then (lost 3lbs though!) and i need help zipping up the back but it sort of fits again. as long as i don't have to bend around too much i should be fine, but i'm hoping i can shed a few more pounds in time. i should've just bought the 6 and had them alter it to fit me, but i was SO EXCITED about wearing the 4 that i couldn't pass it up.
  • ginbookus
    Options
    i'm a bridesmaid in a wedding at the end of this october. when i bought the dress back in april, i was able to squeeze into a size 4 -- same size as the bride and also the thinnest bridesmaid! it was snug but i figured i could lose some more weight in time for the wedding. WRONG. i put on about 10lbs since then (lost 3lbs though!) and i need help zipping up the back but it sort of fits again. as long as i don't have to bend around too much i should be fine, but i'm hoping i can shed a few more pounds in time. i should've just bought the 6 and had them alter it to fit me, but i was SO EXCITED about wearing the 4 that i couldn't pass it up.

Yikes! Good luck getting into it, I bet you can do it :) I'm glad that isn't what happened to me haha. But I can't wait to even have 4 be a snug option. :P
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Yes, but that costs money hahaha. But in the end I'd rather lose the weight than worry about the size. :)
    If you have a seamstress do it instead of the bridal shop, you'll save lots of money. The alterations lady I used took in a dress for about $30. The bridal shop wanted to charge me $100. :(
  • squigglypuff
    Options

Yikes! Good luck getting into it, I bet you can do it :) I'm glad that isn't what happened to me haha. But I can't wait to even have 4 be a snug option. :P

after i bought the dress, i realized that the size 4 in the store was probably stretched out from so many people trying it on and that the brand new size 4 that i have seems smaller because it hasn't been worn. i purchased a longline bra and i'll probably invest in some sort of shaping panties to help suck my middle in a bit more. i was just so excited to be the same size as my skinny friends!!
  • ginbookus
    Options
    If you have a seamstress do it instead of the bridal shop, you'll save lots of money. The alterations lady I used took in a dress for about $30. The bridal shop wanted to charge me $100. :(

Actually, my mom and sister are both great seamstresses so I could probably get one of them to do it for me for free... my mom's going to have to hem it anyway since I'm a shorty haha.
  • ginbookus
    Options

after i bought the dress, i realized that the size 4 in the store was probably stretched out from so many people trying it on and that the brand new size 4 that i have seems smaller because it hasn't been worn. i purchased a longline bra and i'll probably invest in some sort of shaping panties to help suck my middle in a bit more. i was just so excited to be the same size as my skinny friends!!

Oh yeah that makes sense, that's probably why the sample I tried on wasn't so tight either haha. I hope you can squeeze into it, a size 6 is hardly fat though. :P You should know that tons of women look at you and wish they could be your size.
  • gnat45
    Options

You can get the weight off again!
  • gnat45
    Options
    I was a bridesmaid last month , was about 170lbs when I purchased the dress by July I was 154 lb :) I took my dress in to get adjusted , wasn't too expensive but very glad I did because it fitted beautifully :)

Have fun at the wedding , you will look fab :)

Woot!
  • squigglypuff
    Options

Oh yeah that makes sense, that's probably why the sample I tried on wasn't so tight either haha. I hope you can squeeze into it, a size 6 is hardly fat though. :P You should know that tons of women look at you and wish they could be your size.

i know it's not fat for an average woman, but i'm 4'11 so i feel like size 4 would be a better goal for me. all of the online calculators and WW told me i should be around 90lbs but that's just plain ridiculous. i don't really even have a specific goal weight, more like a goal SHAPE and i'm not quite there yet.
  • ginbookus
    Options

i know it's not fat for an average woman, but i'm 4'11 so i feel like size 4 would be a better goal for me. all of the online calculators and WW told me i should be around 90lbs but that's just plain ridiculous. i don't really even have a specific goal weight, more like a goal SHAPE and i'm not quite there yet.

I see, yeah I'm kind of short at 5'3" too. ^^;; But 4'11" is definitely on the short side! I could see why you feel that way then. I totally agree that 90 is just a little extreme though! Isn't there supposed to be more of a healthy 'range'? I would guess 90 is like the bottom of that range.
  • squigglypuff
    Options
    i think it's 90-125 -- what a giant freakin' range!! right now i'm 120, which is on the high end of healthy, BMI-wise. i started at 148 which was considered obese for my height, but i never really felt obese, just chubby.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!