new here

Options
Hello i am new here just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Angela, i am 30, just recently got married, and I am needing to lose weight. I have struggled with my weight,my whole entire life, my first time joining weight watchers was when i was like 13 and i am still a member today. I have never lost more than 20lbs....I got to 18 and quit and gained it all back plus some. I am on the computer all day at work so i would like a buddy i can email for support. I do not want to struggle any more!!!

Replies

• iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela, welcome..you will find this site and everyone very helpful..there is sooo much to learn...when you have a moment browse the different catagories on the message board..read the success stories very inspiring..when I originally joined it was going ok but then developed a blood clot so I was out for a few months, then I started again in April, then another clot...so finally again I started in november, and so far I'm loving it.

I wanted you to know my history so you don't feel overwhelmed..take it one day at a time, and it will eventually become second nature...workout at the best time for you, and don't forget to log your meals and exercises..even if you can't log it in immediatly get a notebook and keep track of everything, and drink lots and lots of water...

Good luck on your journey..:smile:
  • kelligirl
    Options
    Hello - I'm new here - - again. I joined earlier in the year, did alright and then completely lost my perspective and have gained all 10 -12 pounds back within the past few months. I'm miserable and hoping that the accountability this site requires will get me back on track.
  • jadebraganza
    jadebraganza Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also new to this. I joined in Nov, 2009. I lost my uncle, grandmother and mother all in the same year (my mom and grandmom 4 days apart). It was a very sad time for me and of course gained weight. My doctor wanted to test me for diabetes since I had it while I was pregnant 13 yrs ago. I'm borderline diabetic and have a slightly elevated blood pressure. Since joining I have lost 9 lbs :) I'm so happy and feeling better. My pressure is down and I have a little more energy. Hope I can continue this so I can be happy again.
  • dilworth79
    dilworth79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies thanks for sharing. Jadebraganza sorry for all you losses. I have had a few of those myself and the pain seems to be always there for me. I know that i am an emotional eater, when i am sad, lonely, happy, sick, whatever i am feeling i eat to go with it. So i am putting myself out here and i want to lose weight and learn how not to eat my emotions!!! I am on the computer most of the work day so i am available for what ever. i would not mind even txt some!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dilworth, like some others, I too found this site and did not stick to it, but this is a very helpful site. I also work on the computer all day, but my downfall is that I am 8 hours ahead of the east coast so no one is up while I am at work, then boredom sets in. I'm trying to munch on more healthier things along with creating a window and making them like small meals. I am feel a lot more confident just by searching this site while I am at work.