In need of new workout programs

ourgang
ourgang Posts: 229
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
So I have been working out consistantly every morning since September. And by every morning I mean at least 6 mornings out of 7. For these workouts I do a rotation of Jillian Micheals 30 day shred, Jillian Michaels no trouble zone work out, Bob cardio blast, and pilates.... I have been working a min of 30-45 mins every day. In addition to this I have been anywhere from 2-4 nights either walking, running, or doing a stair work out.. Now that it has gotten colder this evening workout has fallen to the waist side a bit...

So now I am getting worried that my body is "USE" to this workout program. I really haven't lost much weight over the past 6 weeks, but I have lost a total of 5 inches through out my thigh, hip, belly, and arms!!!! Wow this is great, but I really want to drop some weight and would love to start buying a smaller size... Now don't get me wrong, I feel great, healthy, my energy is great, and even though I am still at 220lbs, I don't feel fat or think that I am overwieght.. This is a huge brakethrough, but how do I get the scale to move...

I am only comfortable making changes that I am willing to live with for the rest of life. So I don't deprive myself anything, I do believe in moderation and can live with that. My eating is good, I could proply reduce my alcohol intake even more than I have, but I really do like a cocktail once in while (one night a week-usually fridays)...

Can anyone offer any new ideas, for workout or diet??????

Merry Christmas to all and God Bless

Replies

• SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Congrats on your success so far! As far as workouts go, if you enjoy doing videos like the ones you mentioned, I highly recommend Tae Bo. It's fun and it burns tons of calories! If you do any type of running or machine work (elliptical, stairclimber, cycle), I would suggest doing some high intensity work if you don't already. Try doing some intervals to elevate your heart rate by working hard for 30-60 seconds and then recovering for another 1-2 minutes. Intervals are good for busting through plateaus and in my opinion, blasting lower body fat! If you have never done any high intensity work start with 10 minutes and work up to 30 minutes. It is also important to only do this a couple of times a week because it takes the body longer to recover. Also, your body will burn more calories following the workout.

Have you done any resistance training?

As for the diet, how many cocktails do you have on Friday? I've found that when I have drinks on Friday I'm not as strict with my diet for the evening and then I'm somewhat derailed for the rest of the weekend. Once I weight myself on Monday, my weight is up because of water and then the weight comes of and I get back to a certain weight but never below that. Make sense?

Anyway, if that isn't the case with you, look up carb cycling. It is a good way to keep your body guessing and you eat more carbs when you workout and less when you don't. I hope this helps!
  • LadyV
    LadyV Posts: 21
    I love Jillian's workouts. Try reading her book "Mastering Your Metabolism" if you haven't already. Could be your eating habits that are causing the plateau. Made a world of difference for me.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I doubt you're body is used to it if you are using multiple combo routines. It usually takes constant, isolation type exercises to do that within a 3 month period. I mean, it's possible, but I doubt it. Then again, changing up your routine can do nothing but good things for you.

I tend to find the stuff that's hardest for me and put them all into a routine. I like to kick my own *kitten*, it's more satisfying that having someone else do it. 20 minutes googling HIIT training and you'll find plenty of workouts that'll destroy you!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Youtube has a ton of exercise videos and they are free!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    You can try beachbody.com They have a variety of great exercise programs.
    Have you tried Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism? It's one of my favorite workout dvds and it burns MAJOR calories.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    You can try beachbody.com They have a variety of great exercise programs.
    Have you tried Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism? It's one of my favorite workout dvds and it burns MAJOR calories.
This discussion has been closed.