2»

Replies

• Reecee74
    Options
    Beautiful post! Thank you for sharing!
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My turn to say thank you. I don't write these whatevertheyares for compensation. They're my way of saying "thank you." Thank you for all of the wonderful support that I have received on here in my effort to do what I have never before been successful doing. If my words and experiences can raise up, calm down or empower even one person to do what he or she didn't think possible, then it is worth all of the sweat, occasional tears, and toil to put them down on a computer screen.

I knew I had a 2+ year journey to get from where I was (478) to where I want to be (223). But to know that after 1 1/2 months, I am already about 1/7th of the way to my goal (down 36) is nothing short of miraculous. I know all of that will slow down over time. And there will undoubtedly come a time over the coming months when I look to one or more of you for strength, guidance or inspiration. But for now, I've got enough of all three to carry several of you along on my journey.

Scott R. in Houston, Tx.
  • lsknupp
    lsknupp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I needed to hear this. Thank you!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. I have tears in my eyes.
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the perspective, Scott. I desperately needed it this morning.
  • chrisanncal
    Options
    A beautiful story to honor your father. You are a fantastic writer! Thank you for making us remember what is truly important.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Scott you have got me teary again - a beautiful explanation for your wonderful attitude - You obviously learnt it from the best xx
  • scandiebirdie
    scandiebirdie Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I adore your posts - I really truly do. Thank You! For posting it! And pls write (lots) more!!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Your posts always enlighten me, and give me a good cry. Thank you!
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    Typing this through the tears in my eyes. What a great post and great writing too. Proud that you are on my friends list!