Mother of 5 Needs Weight loss Support!

Options
Hello,
I am a mother of 5 beautiful kids. My youngest is 5 months and is nursing almost exclusively (she eats some baby cereal mixed with breast milk).
I just viewed pictures of my brother's wedding. I had bought a dress for the occasion. My dad got some pictures of the family back yesterday and he shared them with me. I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH WEIGHT I HAVE GAINED! I cried. Even that pretty new dress could not hide all the weight I had put on! I've never struggled with my weight until having kids. It's like my metabolism just tanked. I can't eat like a teenager anymore. In just a few short years I have gone from a size 6 to a size 12/14. I am 158 lbs. My goal is to get back down to 120 lbs and a size 6. I'm not sure if I can do this, but I have to try. I've dieted before and lost 15-20 lbs, but I always relapse and end up gaining back more than I was before I had started dieting.
I need support! My goal is to lose 20 lbs by Christmas without compromising my milk supply. I feel so much pressure from society and even friends and family to be thin. I hate feeling this way.

Replies

• adeese1
    Options
    You CAN do this! I have 2 sons, 6 and 1. I had got up to 176 and I"m down to 140. I want to lose 10 more which are being difficult! I'm sure you're beautiful the way you are, don't let other people make you feel bad about your size. You've had 5 kids!!! This site is great; it's the only way I've been able to lose weight. I track everything, the good and the bad! Add me and we'll support each other:)! Good luck!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I cried when I saw the christening photos from my daughter's christening, she was 3 months old, and my 4th . I thought I looked really nice in linen pants and a shaped blouse, but standing next to my sister in law, who is 5 foot ish and has no kids and is body obsessed I looked like an elephant!
    Don't worry, take your time, ignore societies pressure to be pre baby size asap, wait until you stop nursing and you'll feel in a better state of mind to reorganise your eating.
    Honestly, it's the baby hormones talking here, I look at my photo now and laugh!
    You are the same lovely person regardless of you weight, don't forget that. Ask yourself why all the super-skinny super models are such b!tches!
  • arosethorn
    arosethorn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I really need to encouragement!
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It is definitely a great idea to be healthier.....but mostly, it is important to be the healthiest mommy you can be. This is in all realms, physical, mental, and the combined. You are still nursing and in order for your body to make that milk it has to hold on to some of that fat. So, just realize that your body is going to fight you a bit until you wean your baby. I personally was unable to find that majic balanced spot where my milk was not compromised so I had to wait until my baby was weaned. My same efforts showed much better results after that. Now, when it comes to getting back to your pre-pregnancy size....some women have their hips shift to the point that it is just not possible. Keep in mind that you have to be happy with the way you feel and look. Ignore anyone else that falls outside of that parameter! (I would like to see some of them grow a whole tiny human and feed it while NEVER being effected).

You can do this.....one day at a time....one meal at a time. Keep in mind, that your kiddos love you and know that you are beautiful and that is enough!!! See yourself through their eyes on the days when you feel down.....

*Hugs*
    ~Sandi
  • cathleen1091
    Options
    You can totally do this!

I also have had 5 babies, my oldest being 3, then 2, then 1 year old twins and my 1 month old son!
    In the last 4.5 years my body has been pregnant pretty well all the time, or nursing. I just joined this site two days ago for the same reason, I have a bit of weight to lose, and I want to do it in an environment where I'm not going to be shot down all the time. I want to be sexy again.

If you ever need to talk to someone, or if you feel like you're just in a rut, don't be shy. I'm a surrogate and I know I'll be pregnant again with baby 6/7 in 15 months, this is an ongoing, long term thing for me :)
  • FruityGoddess
    FruityGoddess Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat and weigh the same amount. Also I am breastfeeding a 17 month old and 3 year old. I find it hard to go to exercise classes but if I can go jogging for 30 minutes without the kids that works bc my kids are very attached to me. Also I think that if you breastfeed you need 300-500 calories extra. I am trying to eat between 1300-1700 calories a day and I am going to lose weight for sure doing that. If you want to chat I am here. :)
  • twilightlvr79
    twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You just have to believe that you can.