Calories burned from job

Options
I have been adding about 250 calories per work day to my 1200 calorie "normal" day. I am a cashier at a warehouse store (think Costco, Sam's Club type store). I am standing from 6 to 8 hours and moving bulk merchandise...32 packages of 1/2 liter water, 30 packs of soft drink thing like that along with 44 pound bags of dog food etc.

Does anyone have a clue if I am adding too much or too little? My weight loss has just about stopped, but I am only 5 pounds from my goal which may be the issue.

Thinking about getting a FitBit, but really don't want to spend the $ if I don't have to.

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I would not consider that exercise at all because that is part of the normal course of the day.

When you set up your account, you have the ability to choose your daily activity level which MFP calculates based on the data you have selected.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    How have you calculated your 'normal day'?

I would simplify things by working out your rough TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)

Take your BMR. Then factor in your day to day activities, i.e...
    Moderate daily activity = BMR x 1.5

Work from that - the minute you start breaking it down to minute details you're asking for comlications
    Making cup of tea = 6 calories
    Walking up stairs = 8 calories
    etc