What Weight Loss Has Done For Me!

Options
Since I have lost over 50lbs (lost a little before joining MFP), I have noticed some differences. Some little things, some MASSIVE ones. I'd like to share some of them with you.

I hardly ever get heartburn now (i used to have it every day)
My chronic and persistent headaches have gone
I hold a size 18 (which used to be a tight squeeze) up to myself and it looks like it could swallow me up!
I don't get out of breath just walking up the stairs
When i look down, i can see my feet
The seatbelt in my car fits differently
My engagement ring is getting too big (will have it re-sized when i reach my goal weight)
I don't get (as many) sweet cravings
I make healthy choices much more often without even thinking about it
Most importantly though, my latest set of blood tests came back "SATISFACTORY- NO ACTION REQUIRED"!!!!!!! (I usually have to go back for some reason or another)

What have you noticed weight loss has done for you?

Replies

• thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've had to buy new clothes
    People at work notice I've lost weight -- somehow this translates into being taken more seriously
    People take about my weight loss almost every day -- no one said I was fat every day
    Friends mention I'm wasting away -- REALLY? I still have over 50 lbs to lose and have basically maintained over the past month

Overall, the feedback has been positve and honestly, I feel much better about myself. I do things (started running) that I would have NEVER done before.

The biggest thing weight loss has provided me is a new set of friends here on MFP that I couldn't do this without and for that I am grateful!
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I've had to buy new clothes
    People at work notice I've lost weight -- somehow this translates into being taken more seriously
    People take about my weight loss almost every day -- no one said I was fat every day
    Friends mention I'm wasting away -- REALLY? I still have over 50 lbs to lose and have basically maintained over the past month

Overall, the feedback has been positve and honestly, I feel much better about myself. I do things (started running) that I would have NEVER done before.

The biggest thing weight loss has provided me is a new set of friends here on MFP that I couldn't do this without and for that I am grateful!

Wow- amazing answer and you are SO right. We couldn't do this without the support of our friends on MFP.
    Like you, i also find that people respond differently to me since i've lost weight!

Jx
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I get attention I have never received before
    I get told I do not look 30yrs old
    My son reminds me every day how beautiful I am and that he loves the thinner me more then the fatter me (his words but he is only 8 so I understand what he means)
    Sex life is 1000x's better. I'm just more confident in myself I guess.
    I can wear shorts and not feel gross
    I can wear sleeveless tops and feel great
    After all these years of being the fat one or the one that was harped on for my weight I'm now the one that people say "Melissa can squeeze through there, she's skinny enough." Which is funny because my younger brother use to be the thinner one of us all and now he's the bigger one

Clothing shopping has been fun.

Weight loss has also taught me that when I use to hear my thinner friends say "I'm so fat" or "I feel so fat" now I understand what they mean. Even as a thinner person I have days where I feel bloated or fat. It's normal.

Weight loss has also taught me how to love myself and put myself first once in awhile, just because I'm a wife and mother doesn't mean I have to come last all the time. It's ok to be selfish and care enough about me because not only is it making me healthy but it's letting me keep up with my family and be a better wife and mother.