Quotes

Options
Hi Everyone!

I love positive and inspiring quotes and pictures. Please share some of your favorite quotes that can relate to fitness :-)

Here are some of my faves:

The difference between try and Triumph is a little “umph”.
~Author Unknown

I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
~Muhammad Ali

Obstacles can’t stop you.
Problems can’t stop you.
Most of all, other people can’t stop you. Only you can stop you.
~Author Unknown

The few who do are the envy of the many who only watch.
~Jim Rohn

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
~Nido Qubein

There Really is no secret – Hard work and discipline are what you need to succeed. This applies to everything. There really is no secret – or shortcut – that will get you around this. Get to it. Now!
- Unknown

Desire is the key to motivation, but its determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal — a commitment to excellence — that will enable you to attain the success you seek.
~Mario Andretti

Replies

• englercr
    Options
    "The best way to predict the future is to create it." Peter F. Drucker
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Another collector of pithy sayings! Wonderful!

I love the one about try and triumph!

Will look through some of my collection to see what is appropriate to this site. Most of mine are related to disability/ mental health issues. Off the top of my head, one of my favorites is:

Success is to be measured not by how far you have come, but by the obstacles you have overcome to get there!

I don't want to diminish anyone's accomplishment with that, though. Just saying for some people it is much harder than for others due to various factors. Proud of all the folks who are on here, trying their best to eat healthy and be active!