Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Help me lose those OUNCES! Yes Ounces!

pannellkat
pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Calling all MFPers for suggestions please.

I am in a biggest loser competition at my job and the scale calculates ounces. In the last biggest loser competition I came in second place losing by one tenth of a percent...DEVASTATED!!!

I did everything I could on that last day of weigh in to get the scale numbers down as many ounces as possible. For example, I worked out virgorously the night before, worked out again on last weigh in morning, sat in the sauna for 20 minutes, did laxative tea the night before and it surely worked before weigh in, peed out everything I had in me, wore my lightest clothing in my closet, no jewelry, etc. you get the idea.

I am looking for some healthy and safe ideas on what else I can try to get the scale down on the morning of the last weigh in. We usually weigh in at 8am and last weigh in is 1/12/10. I just want to make sure I get an edge since I was sooooo close last time. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Dont eat anything after 7 the night before and dont eat or drink anything until after you weigh in. keep your room cool and sleep with onlyu a sheet the night before, your body spends more energy keeping itself warm than it does trying to cool you down. Spit, know it sounds gross but you can lose like 2 pounds over the course of a day by spitting.
  • Parseley, celery, and asparagus are all diuretics. Add 1/4 tsp of potassium chloride to your food over the course of the day (it's sold with the salt substitutes). Drink a liter of water in the evening after you're done eating for the night. Cut ALL carbs from your diet after noon. That's just my 2cents. Good luck!
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    i know a way to get alot of water weight off in one day, is dont eat any more than about 30 grams of carbs the day before, if i do this then i weigh 5 lbs less the next day...no lie!
  • TheGimp
    TheGimp Posts: 15 Member
    I found that immediately after working out my weight goes up momentarily. You might be holding on to a little water by exercising before the weigh in. Try checking your weight before and after working out to see if you appear a little heavier or a little lighter before working out.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    :huh: 2 pounds in spitting?:sick:
  • dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    Try a cleanse. Smoothie King has one.
  • pannellkat
    BUMP

Thanks everyone! LAST CALL, LAST CALL. Last weigh in is tomorrow - could use more tips and advice. Thank you!!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    How did you get that Yankee thing?
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    :huh: 2 pounds in spitting?:sick:

Yup, used to have a friend that boxed, and he'd do this to get into a lower weight class (when it was a matter of a couple of lbs.)
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    BUMP

Thanks everyone! LAST CALL, LAST CALL. Last weigh in is tomorrow - could use more tips and advice. Thank you!!

hmmm....cut your hair :laugh:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    You guys sound like a bunch of HS Wrestlers.
  • pannellkat
    BUMP

hmmm....cut your hair :laugh:

I did that already lol..just kidding
  • pannellkat
    How did you get that Yankee thing?

Go to "Tools" and then "weight loss tickers" and then "change your style of ticket" and then create your own. You can upload any of your own photos. I just googled that banner and used it.
  • mdale2
    mdale2 Posts: 79
    Try the 20g carbs suggestion and eliminate excess salt. No sugars.

It's a bodybuilder tactic to cut weight before competition.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    So what happened?
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    You guys sound like a bunch of HS Wrestlers.

I was thinking the same thing. My son junior wrestled, but switched to the swim team before high school (thank goodness). I remember (from when I was in HS--a long long time ago) guys only eating sugar packets the day of a meet. Kept their energy up, with no extra weight. Sheesh!
This discussion has been closed.