Help..I need ONE meal for a week

Options
I am looking all over online for a healthy meal I can cook on Sunday and just eat it all week.

Does anyone have any idea?

I'm trying to get back on the healthy eating wagon and I'm having a hard time getting motivated.

That ONE meal can change my ways.

Thank you all for taking the time. I truly appreciate it.

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I just cook 6 chicken breasts and 15 eggs on sundays and I have snacks and meat for lunch and dinner, makes cooking dinner and preparing meals for the week pretty easy!
  • LupaNera
    Options
    I would not eat the same thing over and over but for example you can cook different things as roastbeef, pasta sauce etc just divide them in portions and freeze
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You make it sound so easy...lol

I need a good chicken recipe though.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Curry! Chick peas, onions, chicken/seafood, red peppers, green onions - just make a ton of it and you'll be good to go! Oh, and you can also keep cooked rice for a week too.

Also, have some fresh veggies and fruit on standby, and spinach for a quick salad :)
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have been know to make a basic soup on sunday and turn it into 7 different soups thru the week
  • missfelicia6
    Options
    Any more ideas? Recipes are welcome too :)
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    yes ... body building style and the most leanest style this would be your best bet.

grilled chicken
    broccoli
    brown rice

or

tilapia fish
    broccoli
    baked sweet potato
  • missfelicia6
    Options
    yes ... body building style and the most leanest style this would be your best bet.

grilled chicken
    broccoli
    brown rice

or

tilapia fish
    broccoli
    baked sweet potato

Sounds good.Thanks :)
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    I was thinking about cutting boneless skinless chicken breasts into chunks, cooking them through plain, and freezing them in individual serving size baggies. Then I could take them out, nuke them for a min, add sauce or toss in yogurt and orange sauce and cook it until brown, serve with freshly cut veggies/on a salad.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast - (weber mesquite packet mixed with water - soak breasts for 30min then grill)
    Sonoma Salad (mixed spring lettuce, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, & feta cheese) with Raspberry Vin. Fat Free Maple Grove Dressing

Also - shred some of the chicken breast and have with brown rice a couple of nights (the days need you need more carbs)

Breakfast - egg whites (1/2cp) mixed with one medium egg.

Snacks - apples and almonds

Sorry it is not one meal...but the combination above will last an entire week if you change up a little.
  • bowseramanda
    bowseramanda Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    baked oatmeal with bananas, blueberries, applesauce. one scoop a day for breakfast. I make two batches and put them in gladware bowls so we can take it with us and eat at work if we need to. And I always cook several chicken breasts on the weekend so it can be easliy transformed throughout the week.
  • missfelicia6
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast - (weber mesquite packet mixed with water - soak breasts for 30min then grill)
    Sonoma Salad (mixed spring lettuce, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, & feta cheese) with Raspberry Vin. Fat Free Maple Grove Dressing

Also - shred some of the chicken breast and have with brown rice a couple of nights (the days need you need more carbs)

Breakfast - egg whites (1/2cp) mixed with one medium egg.

Snacks - apples and almonds

Sorry it is not one meal...but the combination above will last an entire week if you change up a little.

Awesome Advice!!
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've got a great vegitarian chilli recipe at home I make a big batch, separate into single servings and freeze so...

BUMP for later.
  • missfelicia6
    Options
    I've got a great vegitarian chilli recipe at home I make a big batch, separate into single servings and freeze so...

BUMP for later.

Oh sweet! I would love that recipe. I can private message you! Thanks :)
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Oops double post!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Make a large batch of protein on Sunday and then slighty modify it each day for several days.

I made a lean beef roast on Sunday. We ate it for Sunday dinner with roasted potatoes and veggies. Last night, I took the rare parts, sliced them thin and sauteed them a bit with cilantro, cumin, chili powder, garlic, and lime juice and we ate them as tacos with whole grain tortillas (added shredded lettuce, cheese, diced tomato, etc.). You could also slice it and serve it cold over a salad. Or dice it and make it into a stir fry with veggies and a teriyaki sauce.

Of course you could do the same thing with chicken breasts or lean pork.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    You make it sound so easy...lol

I need a good chicken recipe though.

latest favourite of mine:

Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore

4 or 5 chicken breasts (or a mix of breasts and thighs if you like)
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 cup button mushrooms
    1 cup each sliced red and/or yellow and/or green peppers
    1 medium onion cut into wedges
    2 cloves garlic, crushed or diced
    1 can italian herb diced tomatoes
    1 can celery, green pepper spiced tomatoes
    1/2 - 1 cup rice (optional)

season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
    in a frying pan on medium high heat, with a bit of olive oil: brown the chicken to seal in the juices, take them out of the pan and put them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
    in the frying pan fry the onions until translucent, add garlic, mushrooms, and peppers. Frying just until tender crisp (a few minutes). throw those in slow cooker.
    put both cans of tomatoes into slow cooker, and add rice if you want it to be mixed with the rest of the dish(optional). otherwise you can cook the rice separately and serve this mixture on top.
    cook on low for 4-6 hours.

i've been eating it all week... tastes pretty darn good!
    if you're not a fan of the peppers getting mushy though, maybe try and just keep them out of the mix, and add them on top of the mixture after everything is cooked.

enjoy!
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com is a great site - you could do a pan of baked ziti (reduced fat cheese and wheat pasta - add some veggies too). They have a good recipe on the site.

I also throw 4 or 5 chicken breasts in a crockpot with some reduced fat/sodium chicken broth on Sundays and have shredded chicken to use for various meals throughout the week. You really can use it for and with just about anything (wraps, salads, quesadilla, pasta).
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Many many years ago I lived with a guy who was a competitive body builder.... he also owned a gym.

Anyway, every Sunday he would shop and cook all of his food.

Grill or bake 10 chicken breasts
    Make enough brown rice for the week (6-8 servings)
    Steam up brocolli and brussel sprouts or carrots for the week
    Boil whole wheat pasta ( 6-8 servings)
    Bake 4-5 sweet potatoes ( cut into halves before baking for a serving)

Then he would divide it up into meals. With the pasta you can simple put cooked pasta under hot water to make it not sticky and warm it up, then just put some healthy choice sauce over it.

Portion out the chicken, veggies and rice or potatoes into meals and store in fridge. All of that food keeps for a week no problem. Eat fresh fruit and nuts as snacks. You could also make up a batch of home made protein bars on Sunday to have as snacks through the week. and have a protein smoothie for breakfast all week. So really you are just cooking up your meals for lunch and dinners
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My weekl y meals mostly consist of:

Breakfasst: Protein Snack Bar
    Snack: 2 hard boiled Eggs
    Lunch: Parmesan Encrusted Tilapia (I buy these pre-packaged and cook on sunday night and refigerate for later in the week)
    Snack: Fruit or Carrots or something
    Dinner: Yams or Chicken or some type of Protein.

My roomate usually cooks chicken and pre-makes about 4 salads for her lunches at work and it seems to work for her.

I dont know if this helps? I do all of this on sunday. You could also pre-make a healthy casserole or wraps or something and cut it up into portions and refigerate.

Hope you get some good ideas!