I am so angry and upset-please pray for me

katznketo
katznketo Posts: 323 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
I really do need your prayers. I know this may not seem like a big deal to you but my manager told me Friday they were going to tear my apartment kitchen apart. Five days before Xmas. Cabinets, floors, walls.

they did this last year on the bathroom and I didn't have a toilet for a month. They didn't care and that was that.

So I have unloaded everything out of the cabinets,and into my living room. I got the boys to go elsewhere so they wouldn't be in the way.They promised not to do this to me again and would be here promptly at 9am. Well, it's going on noon and there's been no sight of anyone. No phone call, Nada. I am so angry that these people treat their tennants this way. I am a good tennant and pay rent on time and fix most my own problems, am quite, respectful.
I need a miracle. Pleeeeease pray for one!

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I hope someone is able to post a way to file a complaint about your landlord..... BBB or department of health or something..... that is RIDICULOUS.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    I really do need your prayers. I know this may not seem like a big deal to you but my manager told me Friday they were going to tear my apartment kitchen apart. Five days before Xmas. Cabinets, floors, walls.

they did this last year on the bathroom and I didn't have a toilet for a month. They didn't care and that was that.

So I have unloaded everything out of the cabinets,and into my living room. I got the boys to go elsewhere so they wouldn't be in the way.They promised not to do this to me again and would be here promptly at 9am. Well, it's going on noon and there's been no sight of anyone. No phone call, Nada. I am so angry that these people treat their tennants this way. I am a good tennant and pay rent on time and fix most my own problems, am quite, respectful.
    I need a miracle. Pleeeeease pray for one!

Oh, wow! I'm so very sorry that this is happening to you and your family.... I agree with Phoenix_Rising .... see about filing a complaint ... Good luck... Again, I'm sorry this is happening to you....especially this time of year...
  • I would not pay rent until they fix the problem. Instead start putting your rent into an escrow account and inform them that they will get their money when the repairs are finished correctly. They can't file for eviction sinice the escrow account shows good faith payment of rent but they will be sure you mean business about withholding their money and might light a fire under their collective %$##$% to get the job done quickly.
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I agree with everyone else - find a way to complain. Tell your landlord that they need to let you out of your lease or you will take further legal action as they are not holding up their end of the lease and move somewhere else. It sounds pretty horrible. We'll be thinking about you.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    rules and laws for renters vary from state to state, but you can usually look up the information on your state's website. I was a Resident Manager for a complex, and there were VERY specific rules/regulations as to when you could enter a tenant's unit, and what a "reasonable amount" of time would be for a tenant to have something out of service. Check with your state- you can file complaints with the state too. Also, if you have a copy of your lease, check for maintenance information on there - might give you an idea if they're in-line with the lease or not.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    http://law.findlaw.com - State Leases and Rental Agreements Laws - State Laws, Codes
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Well, to all of you and your kind words, thank you so much.

Here in my city, we have no rent control. There is no need to have a reason to evict. I checked.

But I got a call from the owner and he apologized and said they would be out and onto the job.

Well, then I got a call from the maintenance man and he said, "You won't believe it, but my car just broke down."

And no one came all day.

So, now Jose is mad at me for scheduling this in the first place because he said I knew they were flakes. My son say to 'get over it."

men can be so heartless.

So, please keep praying. . kc
This discussion has been closed.