MFP Calorie Counter??

Options
Do all of you guys follow the calorie plan MFP gives you?

Has it worked for anyone?

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    NO

Do some more research into your BMR and calorie needs
  • AmyBoogie
    AmyBoogie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Time will tell if it works though calorie counting hasn't worked for me in the past. Just food diary and calorie counting. I eat clean, I just tend to over portion so I need to be more mindful.

But the MFP calculation and the calculations I've done else wise using other calculators (including BMR calculation) all fall within about 100-200 calories of one another.
  • kerimorgan1
    Options
    Thanks keep them coming you are all very helpful.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it worked better with a little tweaking and trial and error. I did best set to "lightly active" and eating my exercise calories, and changing my macros to 50/25/25.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Requires some fine tuning for many.
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It takes some playing with. I tried the whole BMR TDEE thing and was a no go for me. MFP says I can eat like 2700 cals a day to lose 2lbs a week. If I eat that I gain, consistently. I found my sweet spot to be between 1700 and 2300. You just have to have patience and perseverance to figure it all out.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Working for me so far :)
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It's working for me, so far. I've lost 23 pounds in 4 months. It's important to combine it with exercise and make sure you are eating a variety of foods. If you have special health needs, pay attention to them. Maybe consult with your doctor! :)
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    MFP started me at 1470 then when I lost weight, it dropped me down to 1320. Now I wont let it drop down further even though it wants to go to 1210. I cannot live on 1210. When I stick with it, I lose weight consistently. However, things like high sodium and low water intake hinder my loss. Overall, it has worked for me.