Eeeeek - 12lb weight gain in 7 days

Options
I went on holiday and went off the rails with my nutrition and exercise. I only worked out twice and I ate around 3200 calories per day compared to my usual 1500-1600. I managed to gain 12lbs in 7 days, effectively ruining 2 months of dieting for a 7 day splurge. Is this a world record?

Any thoughts on whether it will take me 2 months to lose it again or whether by some miracle I might lose it fast since I gained it fast?

I'm so cross with myself but I guess I need to just get on with it and get back to the gym.

No-one to blame but myself :cry:

Replies

• momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert, but relax, it is mostly water weight. Go back to your normal routine, eat right and drinks lots of water. You should see a big difference in the scale in about a week.

Now go drink water, exercise and take a deep breath :laugh: It will be ok
  • NatsukoG
    Options
    :smile: thanks
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    What she said. :)

To see the same thing in math, you usually eat 1500-1600 at what I'm assuming is a 500 calorie a day deficit. That means that, to maintain weight, you would need to eat 2000-2100 calories a day. If you were eating about 3200 calories a day on this trip, then you overate by at most 1200 calories a day, so 8400 calories over for the week. 8400 calories divided by 3500 calories per pound means that, AT MOST, you've gained 2.4 lbs. The rest is all water weight.