im hungry :)

So I have changed my eating habits about a week ago... but seems like I'm hungry a lot or I'm starving when I wake up... I'm really not depriving myself..... will this feeling go away???

I don't even want to know how many calories I was consuming before... now its between 1500-1600 a day

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Live with it.

You are probably used to eating much more... eating less will result in being hungry. In time, your body will adjust to eating fewer calories so you won't feel as hungry.
  • preaser
    preaser Posts: 85 Member
    Try eating more protein, i found it has helped me fight off hunger pains. Also, I think my body got used to less food over time and I was hungry less often. Be patient!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Be parient. Your body is used to getting a lot of food and when you cut down, it wants to rebel and tell you that you are hungry. Drink lots of water and wait about 15 minutes, sometimes the hunger pangs go away. If they don't eat a healthy snack such as an apple, protein bar, peanut butter to help not to feel so hungry. Believe me, you will get over this phase soon. Good luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • I have been on here for two weeks, and just in the last couple days have I finally stopped feeling like I was starving all the time. It's worse at work in the afternoon when I used to snack a lot. I think its partly habit, and partly getting used to not being overly full all of the time. Keep it up, you'll get there!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    My secret to staying satisfied with fewer calories is protein and fiber. Over 100 grams of protein a day, and over 30 grams of fiber a day and I usually can't eat all my calories.