Eggs - how many is to many?

Options
I have been eating 7 whole eggs and 7 egg whites every week, that 14 eggs per week.
Is that too many? I would love to hear what you think.

Replies

• atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of eggs thru the week too, maybe more than you, never been a prob for me
  • Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i eat 3 to 4 whole eggs a day and im losing weight and feeling healthier. my family goes through 3 dozen a week
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. I could have them for all 3 meals
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it, unless you have a issue such as high cholesterol
  • aamberrr
    aamberrr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a specific medical issue and your doctor has told you to lay off eggs, I think you're fine. I eat at LEAST 2 eggs a day, sometimes even 4 or 5... My fiance and I go through about 3-4 dozen a week.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You're fine.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 everyday, my blood work has come back fine everytime and my Cholestorol has been going down steadily.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I think too many would be when it puts you over your calorie goal. Otherwise (barring any medical issues), you're fine.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-6 egg whites a day depending on my calorie allowance.. I eat the whites for less cholesterol though.
  • clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Do you want to know how many is to many or how many is too many?
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    you're fine. lots of people it 6 or more a day.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    i try to only release one a month
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 everyday, my blood work has come back fine everytime and my Cholestorol has been going down steadily.
    x2
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    There isn't really an upward limit to egg white, so don't worry about that. And whole eggs are one of the most ancient foods humans have ever consumed, so despite them being high in cholesterol, we have evolved to eat eggs.

I eat about the same amount as you do, and despite a family tendency towards heart disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol. I'm as healthy as ever.

Before cutting eggs, it would be better to cut out any processed meats, such as lunch meats, ham, bacon, sausage, canned meat (not fish-- sardines, salmon and tuna are ok), hot dogs, pepperoni and pretty much any meat that is package ready-to-eat.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options

Oops! Someone forgot their location on the web. This is a health and fitness forum, not a grammar and style forum. :laugh:
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    My boss once gave me a gift of 100 eggs.
    I ate eggs like crazy for days.
    Nothing bad happened.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Oops! Someone forgot their location on the web. This is a health and fitness forum, not a grammar and style forum. :laugh:

^^^ this :)
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    And don't worry about the cholesterol (yokes) in eggs, just get your blood checked periodically. Blood cholesterol is produced by your liver, and levels are determined mainly by your genetics. I've seen skinny people with it through the roof, and overweight people with low levels.

There is so much FUD vis a vis food, it's crazy.
  • AG_Rogers
    Options
    I eat about 3 whole eggs and 3-4 egg whites with my breakfast throughout the week. You can't ask us if what you're eating is too much without stating your goals and calorie intake. As long as you are staying at your set calorie intake and getting the right proportion of macro's (say 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat) then no, you're not eating too many eggs. If you're having two dozen eggs a week and you're way over your fat and calorie limits, then yes you are eating too many eggs.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Eggs rock. You're not eating too many.