Help! I eat when I'm bored.

Options
13»

Replies

• jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    when my kids say they are bored I give them a list of chores to do...do you need me to make you a list?

OR do something creative like write a journal of your weight loss journey

OR get outside and do something that makes you move...this will help you on your journey too....
  • erynrose33
    Options
    Try chewing gum! The dessert or fruit flavored gum may help to satisfy a sweets craving, and also will not allow you to snack on things while at home. Works well for me!
  • panda007dammit
    panda007dammit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that when I'm bored, I'm also entirely unmotivated to do ANYTHING. With this in mind, I try not to keep foods around that are ready to eat. When I'm unmotivated, bored, and just looking for something to snack on, I will be turned off of eating because I know that I'll need to cook something, and that's usually more effort than I feel like putting into it. When I'm actually hungry, I'm perfectly motivated to cook a meal. It helps that I'm unmarried and don't have children, because I only need to worry about my own food and eating habits. I imagine it would be a lot harder if I had someone else selecting my groceries as well.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I work 40-50 hours a week, and I'm taking 16 units at the University. It is actually very safe to say that school is pretty much the only thing I do outside of work. If I'm not in class, then I'm glued to the computer doing homework.

I appreciate you may be busy (most people are nowadays) but you asked about the boredom side - if you are very busy I do not see how you could be bored.

You did not like my response but you added me then deleted me... odd
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I make tea or drink perrier. Little more fun than water but still 0 cals.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I learned to knit.
    Having something to do with my hands other than chip-to-mouth helps me a lot. Plus, I get cute scarves out of it.

LOL I learned to knit WAY before I learned to eat right. Great suggestion though. If you're in the middle of a complicated sweater the last thing you want to do is stop to eat.
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I purged my home of illegal foods and I took up knitting. You can't knit and eat simultaneously