All welcome! workout routine help!?What do you do?

Options
Okay so what can I do for 30 minutes that isn't jogging that will burn over 300 calories? I run every morning and its starting to get boring! Ideas that are indoors are preferred. Cardio ??

~ Mae♥

Replies

• nicolars1977
    Options
    Zumba?
  • Jalyst79
    Jalyst79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Join a class or find some DVD's at garage sales, Goodwill, libraries and sometimes video rental places, if you don't want to buy them. Turbo Jam is one of my favorites. Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred is another. Good luck!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It's hard to burn 10 calories per minute for a long period of time. Depending on your weight it might not even be realistic. The only exercise I've done that comes close is swimming.
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use an arc trainer at the gym and I can usually burn more than 300 cals in a half hour. I have a hrm and I can say it's hard to burn at that level.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    if you have the equipment or just go to the gym, I personally can burn lil over 100 n 10 minute cycling on fat burner mode or 25min. on the elliptical on interval mode.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much effort you put in for the 30 mins. Pretty much any exercise is going to burn 10 calories per minute if you do it hard and fast enough.

I did the stationary bike for 30 mins today. That was 375 calories. But my heart rate was up at ~140bpm nearly the whole time.

Swimming is good for 600-700 calories per hour as long as you're putting the effort in. Same with an Elliptical trainer as long as the resistance is cranked to max and you are doing 40km/hr
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    If you have the patience for it, then jump rope.