Day one starts tomorrow

Options
Considering the fact that I have put on 10 lbs in the past 9 months, I decided I am now truly uncomfortable with my body and ready to do something about it. I would like to lose a good 15-20 lbs. I am not looking to be a size 4, just to be healthy and comfortable in my own jeans! I have two kids that I feel deserve to have a healthy and happy mom. When my boys ask to go for a bike ride I don't want to find an excuse to say no! I would truly appreciate advice from any other moms out there who understand how difficult it is to focus on something so simple as what food to put in my mouth! I know it's not the most ideal time of year to begin monitoring my food intake- but I can't stand to think that I may put on an additional 5 lbs over the holiday season so I figured any amount of tracking would be helpful!

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site will definitely help you practice "mindful eating" during the holidays. One word of advice that has worked for me - just don't keep the junk in the house. If it's not good for you, then it's not good for your kids either! They may whine a little for a while but if you get creative with healthy alternatives they'll adjust.

Good luck on your journey to health. :smile:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Now is the BEST time to start! Best of luck, this really works!