work outs

Options
hello! i was wondering what work outs you guys have used. i have trouble putting some together and would like some ideas. what do you do for strength training? any work out of any kind would help a lot so please reply to this. Thanks in advanced!

i want to lose i just need exercises to do =D

Replies

• Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    you can get a bunch of different workout routines out of any book. the biggest loser books all have workouts outlined in the back, that is where I first got mine. but I am sure you can google it too. Are you going to a gym? lots of strength training there! Do you have on demand on your cable? TONS of workouts there too for you !!
    Hope that Helps a bit,
    Tami
  • sirCed
    sirCed Posts: 16
    Options
    DEPENDS ARE YOU WANTING TO ADD OR LOSE WEIGHT.
    Try bodybuilders.com
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Easiest thing I've found is taking classes for cardio such as spinning, which is amazing calorie burner, walking incline, running and step.

For strenght training I enjoy working muscles out in groups. For instance

Monday Chest and Triceps
    Tuesday Back and Bicpes
    Wednesday Off
    Thursday Legs
    Friday Shoulders.

I do this so I do not get overwhelmed at the gym and can concentrate on my workout at hand. For exercies of those weight training i just googled a each item and made a list of different types of exercies so I keep it interesting and change it up every week.

This is just an idea though.
  • corrie420
    Options
    I have comcast and they have tons of workouts on demand. Click "on demand" then "sports and fitness" and then "exercise tv". From there all you have to do is choose a workout. I don't love everything they offer and some programs require equipment I don't have but I'm never bored and I can always fine several that suit my needs. Good luck. If you can't find anything you like take a walk.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    here is my latest.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73558-i-ve-decided-to-kick-my-*kitten*-this-week

there's more on my blog too if you're interested,

but I'll warn you, they're pretty hardcore.
  • AidaR
    AidaR Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was told for the 1st 2 months while I'm trying to lose weight not to do any weights just major interval training. So I switch every week between treadmill, elliptical and bike. I do it in the morning 4-5x/week before breakfast for 30 mins starting at 4mph and increasing every min by 1mph till i hit my hardest work out point (6-9 mph depending on what I’m doing) then reduce it down again. That has been working out for me thus far once i lose the weight i want i can start working with weights to tone up and maintain. :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I was told for the 1st 2 months while I'm trying to lose weight not to do any weights just major interval training. So I switch every week between treadmill, elliptical and bike. I do it in the morning 4-5x/week before breakfast for 30 mins starting at 4mph and increasing every min by 1mph till i hit my hardest work out point (6-9 mph depending on what I’m doing) then reduce it down again. That has been working out for me thus far once i lose the weight i want i can start working with weights to tone up and maintain. :smile:

you really don't need to cut yourself off from weights at any point, given how you look from your pictures (which I'll assume are close to current) there's no reason for you not to incorporate weight training into your routine. Many times people who are obese are guided to begin with lots of cardio, but that's usually only because they are trying to maximize fat loss, with people who aren't quite as big, this really doesn't help your body any more than a combination of weights and cardio, as remember, you need muscle to support your routines, and also muscle helps keep your metabolism working hard all day. So I say, there's no reason not to weight train. It's good for you, and it will make you look better when any fat you might need to lose does come off. Most trainers will recommend a routine with 2 to 3 days of weight training and 3 to 4 days of cardio.