Kids Lunch, need fresh ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    You should buy the kids thermos's. I seriously heat up left overs from the night before if the kids liked it and send that for them for lunch.

I also like to thermos soup for them. They are huge oatmeal fans, so that is another thing that I pack in the thermos.

I pack them tuna salad with celery in it and ritz crackers.

I give them a "lunchable" with sandwich meat, crackers cheese and veggies with dip.

They like snacky things for lunch, like I do. That way if they aren't that hungry there are options and if they are starving they have a lot.
  • krisam007
    krisam007 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS! Cut and pasting!
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    We do pepperoni, cheese cubes and crackers alot!
    Yogurt tubes frozen.
    Cold pizza.
    Homemade pita chips and salsa.
    I love to make sandwiches and cut them into puzzles! Or use my cookie cutters.
    Jellos another side.
    Fruit is a big one for my kids too.
    They love pickle and olive kabobs.
    And fruit and cheese kabobs too!
    Cold steak the next day is a good one for lunch.
    You can freeze capri suns for the ice part? altho I limit these. Maybe a water bottle frozen? we do that sometimes.
    We do sandwich rollups alot, with flattened bread, or tortillas.
    Veggies and ranch dip.
    Hummus and pretzels is one of my daughters favorites!
    And laughing cow cheese and pita crackers.

thats all i can think of right now!~ lol
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I am having a very hard time w/ packing my boys' lunches b/c of the big restrictions on the food allowed. I can not send any perishable food items.(no fresh fruit/veggies/lunch meat, etc) and no ice packs. this leaves very little healthy stuff and/or variety. they been taking pb & jelly/honey/plain sandwiches for years. They are getting tired of them now.(I don't blame them). We are now trying to find healthier items to send instead of cookies, gummy snacks, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Those are some seriously crazy restrictions. Are they trying to force you to buy school lunches? At least it doesn't sound like a nut-free school - trail mix is good, maybe popcorn for a snack. I sometimes make a savory muffin thing that I, uh, got the idea for from the prison system - you basically grind up dinner and bake it into a loaf. But I make it tasty and not punishment-y. Muffins are always good, you can put all sorts of veg & stuff in them and add chocolate and kids are happy.

Sorry I can't think of anything else - that is a really tough situation.
    Agree! Those restrictions are....creepy.
    We homeschool, so that was my second thought....I'd wanna homeschool.