What diet are you on?

Options
I am looking for a diet to go on. I'm vegan, so no meat or dairy. I need a diet plan that will have a week of menu plans similar to Tosca Reno's The Clean Diet. I did the Eat Clean Diet before becoming vegan and I found her book very useful. I find I do better when I have strict guidelines. If anyone has any ideas on a good vegan or even raw vegan diet plan or diet book, please respond to this message. Thanks!

Replies

• HealthyMe46
    HealthyMe46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a friend at work who is a vegetarian and mentioned recently that she is on some diet. I have emailed her about any suggestions and will pass them on to you once I hear from her. :flowerforyou:
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    The eat like a rabbit, work like a horse diet. :)
  • MissMay87
    Options
    I'm not on a diet. :drinker:
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    No diet for me - they just don't work over time. I'm doing a lifestyle change in my eating and exercise habits and that is working for me. Healthy foods, no fast foods or junk, just the occasional ice cream once in a while. I find I'm doing much better on MFP that I did anywhere else, except Weight Watchers many, many, years ago. Lots of veggies, fruits, healthy meats and watch the carbs, that is what I'm doing. Whatever you decide to do, make it work for you in the long run.:flowerforyou:
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a friend at work who is a vegetarian and mentioned recently that she is on some diet. I have emailed her about any suggestions and will pass them on to you once I hear from her. :flowerforyou:

Thank you, I appreciate that.
  • breathless575
    Options

Are you serious? I couldn't find anything by that name doing a google search.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options

HAHAHAHAHA

Have you checked the vegan group?
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I do the jg627 diet. It hasn't sold out and gone mainstream yet.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Eat less calories than you burn. It's really that simple, you don't need "a diet". Just count calories and pay attention to nutritional value. I don't know how vegans get enough protein? Soy and nuts? Seriously curious
  • smokinjackd
    Options

HAHAHAHAHA

Have you checked the vegan group?

LMAO
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I don't do diets just lifestyle changes.
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    I am eating healthier, and staying within the calorie limit set by MFP. Also, I am exercising. It's been eleven days, and I feel pretty good.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    No diets. Diets are temporary.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Please correct me if I'm wrong (it happens rarely, but it does happen) but it seems like your question is more about a meal plan than an actual diet. Big difference. As has been said already, diets don't work, lifestyle change does. If it is, in fact, a meal plan you are looking for I would suggest googling "vegan menus" or some such and then building your own. You know what you like to eat. That way you can personalize it to what you like, need and want. Take some time and build a menu for two weeks, then all you have to do is change the days around.
  • HealthyMe46
    HealthyMe46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Well .... my co-worker mentioned she is using the Eat to Live By program, but just googling it, it seems too restrictive and self-serving. She likes it, though. Good luck!
  • breathless575
    Options
    RainHoward wrote: »
    Please correct me if I'm wrong (it happens rarely, but it does happen) but it seems like your question is more about a meal plan than an actual diet. Big difference. As has been said already, diets don't work, lifestyle change does. If it is, in fact, a meal plan you are looking for I would suggest googling "vegan menus" or some such and then building your own. You know what you like to eat. That way you can personalize it to what you like, need and want. Take some time and build a menu for two weeks, then all you have to do is change the days around.

Thank you. I think what I need is a meal plan that's filling with a calorie limit of 1200. It doesn't need to be vegan or vegetarian even, just low calorie. I didn't mean to say I was looking for a diet, because it's not something that I plan to be doing temporarily. I'm trying to figure out how to change my eating for good to lose weight and keep it off.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Most folks here are on the calorie counting, weigh and measure everything diet.

Except they usually say they aren't on a diet.

I eat a mediterranean style diet that looks a lot like the south beach diet (but doesn't follow all of its edicts). It's been my go-to for the last 14 years.

There is a website that builds eating plans for folks. I can't recall the name right now.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Look up emeals.com. They offer many different types of meal plans for $5/month. (Paleo, lo carb, veggie, lo cal, kid friendly, lo budget, etc.) We did the low cal for 2 plan when my kids were away at college and are now doing the 30 minute family plan with them home for the summer. Log the recipes in the recipe builder.

ETA: They give you the plan, recipes, and grocery list. You cook your own meals.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    If It Fits Your Macros diet. Meaning, I eat whatever I want within my calories and macro percentages and do just fine.