NSV

Options
I have lost a considerable amount of weight, I consider it considerable any way :-). So far I have had to buy new clothes and I have watched my number dwindle on the scale at the gym. One thing I have really enjoyed is hearing it from other people. I have a lot of coworkers and now I hear "wow you look skinny, younger, taller, etc.." every single day I come to work. It has really kept me motivated. I am almost at the goal. I need to start planning on how to stop the weight loss, or decide if I want to slide down under 200lbs.

Replies

• esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss!!! Its funny, the "you look taller" comment. As I lost weight, I didn't feel skinnier, I felt *taller*. And since I'm only 5'4", I'll take what I can get :D Keep up the great work!!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    So glad people notice and actually comment :) Must be a great feeling every work day! Keep up the great work! :)
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss!!! Its funny, the "you look taller" comment. As I lost weight, I didn't feel skinnier, I felt *taller*. And since I'm only 5'4", I'll take what I can get :D Keep up the great work!!!
    Me too. My spouse says it's because all the core work has improved my posture. But also I've been wearing higher heels - 'cause with less weight, they are more comfortable & I make me feel stronger.
  • lara1331
    Options
    I know we should be focused on how WE feel about ourselves, but it means a lot when someone else notices our hard work. Well done!
  • Morethanwillpower12
    Options
    Good for you!! It does make you feel good when other people notice your hard work.

I have been stopping by my doctors office twice a month for weigh in's since starting this site over 6 months ago so the nurses that work there have come to know me pretty well and I have told them about myfitnesspal. When I went in last week for my regularly scheduled appointment one of those nurses asked me for the web address and how it all worked because one of the other doctors in the office had heard about my weight loss and was interested in checking it out for herself. I thought it was pretty cool that my weight loss was inspiring to a doctor! :)
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I know we should be focused on how WE feel about ourselves, but it means a lot when someone else notices our hard work. Well done!

THIS!!
  • adila1979
    Options
    Congratulations! It sure puts a smile on one's face when someone notices our weight loss. I think that helps to keep it on track, in a way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!