Looking for friends that are looking to Build Muscles!

Options
Hello Everyone,

My name is Rosa and I am 26 years old.

I noticed a huge change in my body and I am really looking to get back into the groove of things.

I am looking to lose weight, but ultimate goal is to build lean muscles. Would love to get advice, support, meal plans, etc.
I did Lose It before but all of my friends stopped logging, I really want this to be the time where I get really fit.

Replies

• NewNalu
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm also on a lean muscle/strength training mission :) I've also been working on eating a clean, calorie surplus diet to support my workouts. My food journal is open, and feel free to add me!
  • SP2Bfit
    SP2Bfit Posts: 114
    Options
    Hey Rosa--

great goal...I'm not one of the women on here who does heavy lifting but I consider the amount I lift at least respectable :) I don't go to the gym but have a pretty extensive workout room at home.

I lost a good amount of weight awhile back then hit a few bumps but am back on track again both with food and fitness.

My focus is on maintaining a healthy balance with what I eat and exercise while I figuring out how to keep building a lean, fit looking body--would love to connect with you. Best of luck!
  • msswinter
    Options
    Hi Rosa,

I think we have similar goals! I am trying to find the right balance between what I eat and what I do for exercise to get some more lean mass. At the moment I am mostly trying to gain muscle through bodyweight exercises (just regular ones and some pilates videos I've found on youtube), since I don't have the money for a gym membership or and extensive workout room (so jealous btw SP2Bfit!!!).

So what I'm saying is: would love to be friends here so we can support each other while we figure stuff out!
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 50 pounds, on my 2nd round of Insanity and try to eat mostly clean. I am now wanting to see muscles tone and get as lean as possible. You can add me (anyone)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I too am looking to build muscle (while/after I lose all this weight). I'm not looking to bulk up. I'm currently looking at training for pure strength, then will be working towards endurance. We'll see how things go as I progress. :)

I'm doing strength, because I've had an injury in my past that is preventing me from doing the cardio I enjoy doing. I tried taking up running, but it aggravated the injury. Strength training does not.

Anyone and everyone is free to add me!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I have lost 33 lbs and now working on building some muscle
    I lift (doing Stronglifts) and eat.
    Welcome
  • RosaC773
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support - I look forward to sharing our progress together. Good luck!
  • DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Looking to add some muscle mass as well. I still need to lose 15-20lbs. I have been doing variations of compound lift work outs. Currently doing an upper lower split. I do 2 days lower, one heavy one medium. Do 3 days of upper (that's where I feel I need the most work) one heavy day and two medium days.

Try to keep the diet in check. Trying to keep cal intake consistent from day to day.

Always looking for others with similar goals.

Good luck on your journey!
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me ...any of you . i love lifting!!!
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rosa, this is a great thread.

I have lost about 20kg over 2-3 years and I am about 5kg off where I think I want to be but I need to add more weights to my workouts to build my shape! My shape is a little off!

Any advise would be great! Might add a few of you to spy on and steal some tips!

Thanks and good luck Rosa
  • DonC77
    Options
    Thanks Rosa, this is a great thread.

I have lost about 20kg over 2-3 years and I am about 5kg off where I think I want to be but I need to add more weights to my workouts to build my shape! My shape is a little off!

Any advise would be great! Might add a few of you to spy on and steal some tips!

Thanks and good luck Rosa

Jimmy please feel free. We are all he for the same reason, a healthier life style if I can help in anyway I would be happy to.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

You can tell, your arms are giving me a girl crush! hot!

I like lifting too, only been lifting heavy for a few months, but bloody love it! Im hoping to hit 80kg deadlifts this week :)
  • DonC77
    Options

You can tell, your arms are giving me a girl crush! hot!

I like lifting too, only been lifting heavy for a few months, but bloody love it! Im hoping to hit 80kg deadlifts this week :)

80kg dead lift after only a few months, great progress, kill the DL's this week!

My current routing has me doing stiff legs but can feel how they are going to help when I jump back to DL's. I miss doing the DL's
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    Options
    I also have similar goals. I ultimately want to lose fat and build muscles. I had to take a break from the gym since I only have access to my school's gym, and I don't go back until next week. So right now, my main exercise is running, but I plan on hitting the gym soon to strength train soon. I'm 23 years old and would love to have friends with similar goals.
  • ceajules
    Options
    add me with have the same goals