Time to Sweat

get_fit2009
get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Gonna go take the Bosu Cardio class at my gym this morning. Gotta burn some pre-Christmas calories!!!

Replies

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    What type of exercises do you do in that class?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I'll assume lots of Bosu ball stuff. Can be quite a vigorous workout if you do it right. Good for the core too. Let me see if I can come close:

bosu pushups, bosu balancing, bosu step, bosu side step, bosu lunges, bosu walking planks...stuff like that I imagine?

bosu forces you to engage your core, which is quite a significant boost than just the regular forms of most of these exercises.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I remember I had a personal trainer once who had me doing one arm weightedexercises while balancing myself with the other on the bosu. It really does require a lot of focus on the core, but it is definitely a good workout.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    I'll assume lots of Bosu ball stuff. Can be quite a vigorous workout if you do it right. Good for the core too. Let me see if I can come close:

bosu pushups, bosu balancing, bosu step, bosu side step, bosu lunges, bosu walking planks...stuff like that I imagine?

bosu forces you to engage your core, which is quite a significant boost than just the regular forms of most of these exercises.

SHBoss, have you ever used discs before? I'm not sure what the correct name is. l have been working with a personal trainer and she started incorporating discs into my routines. It makes it so much harder and really works my core.
  • get_fit2009
    Banks is correct (today). The teacher mixes it up and sometimes we line the bosu balls up and do line drills - that always kills me. My back was out last week and fortunately she took it easy on us today (well, easier). Lots of core and balance work and we used the ball upside down to do burpees and plank exercises.

I have used the evil discs if you are talking about the ones you put under the balls of your feet when you do mountain climbers, etc. They make my quads BURN!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Banks is correct (today). The teacher mixes it up and sometimes we line the bosu balls up and do line drills - that always kills me. My back was out last week and fortunately she took it easy on us today (well, easier). Lots of core and balance work and we used the ball upside down to do burpees and plank exercises.

I have used the evil discs if you are talking about the ones you put under the balls of your feet when you do mountain climbers, etc. They make my quads BURN!

HEY! was that a shot? :huh:
  • get_fit2009

HEY! was that a shot? :huh:

Hahahaha! No, I meant the teacher changes the class up a lot and sometimes it is more cardio and sometimes she incorporates core work, balance and all the other stuff you said. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.