One Piece Serving Size?

Options
So I bought Bean Bread in a brand called Dokil Bakery.
It is a small plastic package filled with the bread.
The serving size says 1 piece is a serving.
The servings per container is left blank.

I assume that this means the bread I bought is considered 1 piece, but when I look it up on MFP it says 1 piece or 1 container for the serving size. The 1 container states that there are 80 pieces in one container. My bread does not look like 80 pieces...
It looks like 1 big round piece of bread. Moreover, I could understand 1 piece being 180 calories. But I can't imagine that my bean bread is over 800 calories for 1 small package!

Anyone know the answer to my dilemma before I indulge in some bean bread? Is my package 1 piece, or 80 pieces?
Anyone have any experience in this? I know it may seem like common sense, but I don't want to somehow eat over 800 calories in a small bread roll filled with red adzuki beanpaste.

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    It's in the MFP database. A slice is 180 calories.
  • projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It's in the MFP database. A slice is 180 calories.

I saw it in the data base, but I'm still a little confused. It says 1 piece, just like the back of the package I have. But what I'm saying is, what is one piece? The entire piece of bread? 1/4 of the bread? It isn't pre-sliced or anything. It's just one round roll. That's why I'm asking. :<
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Is there a weight listed on the package?
  • projektai
    Options

Oh, let's see... 80g is one piece. I have a food scale, but it measures in oz.
    Do you know the conversion?
    By the way, thank you. =)
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

Oh, let's see... 80g is one piece. I have a food scale, but it measures in oz.
    Do you know the conversion?
    By the way, thank you. =)

You're welcome! I also found this: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/dokil-bakery/bean-bread/

1 ounce = 28.34g, so 80g would be 2.82 ounces.

I have a free app on my phone (android) called Convert Me that is quite handy for this sort of problem.
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A cool thing I learned recently about figuring out unit conversions. I used to google convert grams to ounces, then find a site that had a converter and do my thing there. Then someone told me to just type "convert 80 g to oz" into my Google search bar. Google does the conversion for you right there at the top of the page.

Handy little tip, I think. :smile:
  • projektai
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! You were a great help :flowerforyou:

I didn't even think of weighing it, lol...