HRM reccomendations

Options
I am looking to get a heart rate monitor. Can someone suggest what type to get. I am doing insanity and i want something to help me get a more accurate calorie count.. i know a lot of people use fitbit.. i heard it counts ur steps and then shows how many calories you burn but when u do a workout does it have a setting to change to calculate it or do u just keep track of the starting calorie amount and the end amount

Replies

• p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4, I used to have a Polar F6 also.
    Highly recommend the brand.

I love being able to get a more accurate calorie burn based on me not on what mfp says. You won't regret buying one.
  • catwoman131
    Options
    I just got the Polar FT4 this weekend and I LOVE it! It counts calories too, though the count is a lot higher than I had estimated. In fact, I just posted a topic on the accuracy of calorie counters on HRMs. Anyway, it's very easy to use and it only cost me $70. I read a lot about the Body Bugg and Fitbit and decided to go with something simpler.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I really like my wahoo. I wanted one that was compatible with my iphone 4s so I wouldn't have another thing to wear to the gym or out on runs. It has gps and I can sync it to other applications, LIke run keeper or nike+. I have had it for a couple of months and I am really happy with it.
  • oeagleo
    oeagleo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I had a Polar FT7, and loved it. So much, in fact that I got the FT60, and even love it more, because of the "Polar Fitness Test", the ability to add the GPS so you can track your walking/biking, etc. I really do like it, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality HRM. I honestly don't believe you could go wrong with any of the Polar Line. I love the graphical representation of the "Zones", and the time spent in each. So many features, go to the Polar website, and see which one suits your style, buy it, and never look back.
    :smile: