Calling all teens!

Options
Ok so we're here because we all realize we need some change. I would like to start a teen support group to make it easier for us. You can join if your new or if you have experience here. I'd love to see your stories. Everyone 20 years and under is welcome!
So who's in?

~ Ciara:smile:

Replies

• lailavendar
    Options
    That is such an amazing idea. It's about time to see the teenagers of this website come together to support each other. I didn't think there were very many of us out there, so it's good that we're trying to stick together. I'm definitely in!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Because we have a slightly different lifestyles than the other adults on here, we should share our own stories and advice!
  • nikinicole
    Options
    Well thanks for your support! I thought it was a good idea too! so I was thinking we'd post any questions on here for our group to answer. and we could do a weigh in every week or something. We could post the start weight, current weight, and goal weight. Any other ideas?
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    Im in =)
    I didnt know there were many teens on here nearly everyone on here seems 25+
  • nikinicole
    Options
    glad you joined becky_boop!
    the first thing i think everyone should post is current weight and the weight you would like to be at in 2 weeks. You can also share your stories.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    (Not a teen...obviously lol) My 14 year old uses the site- I'll mention the group to her. I think it's a great idea.
  • MeganAimee
    MeganAimee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Start weight: 160 (150 when I joined MFP)
    Current weight: 143 (it's been going up and down between 136 and 146 for the past couple of months)

I want to get back on track. My goal is to get down to 120 by summer.
  • nikinicole
    Options
    Thanks for joining MeganAimee!

Start weight/ current weight~ 180 :sad:

goal weight~ 120 :heart:

ok guys start posting your weights because our weigh in is January 5th

lets see who can lose the most!! :tongue:
  • raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Im 19 and right now about 127- i want to be around 118

How do we keep up with the thread- do you have to do anything besides look for it in the histories?
  • nikinicole
    Options
    im not sure about finding it because im new too. I just go to "My Topics" under the community tab and it brings it up =D try that.
  • nikinicole
    Options
    Okay so today was a good day for me. I could improve on a few of my food choices but i exercised a lot today so I'm marking it off as a good day! =D I'd like to know how you guys are doing. I know the holidays are getting pretty hard for me. Stupid eggnog ruined my day =/ 2 days til Christmas! please post an update on how you guys are doing.
  • raleigh
    Options
    i was doing pretty well but just now i ate everything i could fit in my face. i was telling myself not to as i was picking out the chocolate. why did i keep eating??
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    Start weight :168
    Current weight: 160
    Goal: 150 (for now)
  • fitinyoga14
    Options
    For clarification: my profile currently says that i'm 19. i was actually 17 when i joined the site so i had to put that i was 18 to make an account. but today is my 18th birthday, in which the site also moved me up a year.

i was 125 about 2 years ago.
    Current weight: 115.5
    Dream weight: 110 :heart:

Because i'm in the healthy BMI range, it is very difficult for me to lose these 6 or so more pounds. But i know that i will be happy at the weight of 110. What i really want to lose is some inches off my waist and bust. i know that it will take more time for me than most, but i'm determined to get to a size that i'm happy with and then maintain, especially through college.
  • fitinyoga14
    Options
    also- to find a thread where you have already replied- it shows up at the bottom of your profile if you to to "profile" under the options of your home page. the button is at the top right. once you get to your profile, you will see the thread that you have replied in at the bottom.
  • muimuimui
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone!

18, university freshman. I reached my goal back in August, but it's great that someone has started a thread like this. Threads like these have popped up before, albeit started fairly poorly, by younger members who don't seem to present the concept very well. I hope the same does not happen with this thread.

My problem at the moment isn't losing weight, it's actually maintaining. With the fairly mediocre food being served on campus, and my penchant for really. really good food (Oh dear I've turned into a food snob.. but good food is so... good! D: ), I've unintentionally lost another three pounds during my first term. While I wouldn't have minded if I was exercising as well, half way through the first term I became very ill, and after that, never quite jumped back to my regular exercise routine. The three lost pounds also puts me in the underweight category..

To other teens, while heading towards your goal weight, please be careful. We all too often do it for the wrong reasons while convincing ourselves we're doing it for the right ones. Furthermore, psychological issues seem to pop up like bad weeds when it comes to this age category and weight loss.
    So please try to remember it's not about the number on the scale, but about loving yourself (cue the cliches, yeaa.)

Personally, when I finally hit my goal weight, after the initial happiness of reaching the goal, I felt that I hadn't reached it in the healthiest manner.
    Yes I did combine decent exercise with the right amount of calories, but psychologically I pushed myself ridiculously hard, felt terrible if I missed even a day of exercise, even turned down going out if it involved eating more than allotted on a given day.

As a teen support thread, I thought I'd put in my two cents on the matter.
    Good luck to everyone! And enjoy the Holidays! Enjoy them D< !
  • kym_lewis08
    Options
    I want in!!

A little about me..

19 year old nursing student

I've always been on the thicker side..and had no problem with it until i started battling the buldge (lol).

CW:250
    GW:190

^- Yea, I know..gotta ways to go..any suggestions for food and excercise would be greatly appreciated!!
  • raleigh
    Options
    okay! how is everyone doing from the holidays?
    there are a lot of groups out there who make it so they're accountable to eachother like with weigh ins and such. anyone interested?

even if not, lets hear some updates!

i have been running a lot more, and i did the treadmill yesterday (with the help of nike training on the ipod) for an hour! it said a little over 5 miles and I felt really great afterwards. but then i eat so much after its barely working!
  • kym_lewis08
    Options
    wtg with the running raleigh!!!

& i'm on board for the weekly/bi-weekly weigh ins! :drinker:

quite frankly, i bombed the holidays. but i'm back and with more determination than ever. i'm thinking about starting the couch to 5k soon. i've been out of practice with the excercise thing though so i might need to start a little slower :ohwell:

i was hoping someone could give me some suggestions with the excercises i would need to do for my trouble areas..i need to lose fat from my stomach and im looking to tone my thighs and arms..

p.s. the parentals have a butter nut cake tempting me so hard in our kitchen :sick:
  • nikinicole
    Options
    ok guys im back! sorry i havent been on in a while but i see yu guys have still been posting which is AWESOME! im having trouble pulling through the holidays. I lost 3 pounds but i gained it all back during christmas and everything so ya.... advise? i could really use it! well, hope you guys are doin better!