Anyone doing the NROL4W program?

Options
Hi! My name is Marina! I completed Stage 1 last week and will be starting Stage 2 next week. I love lifting and am looking for more friends who are also doing the NROL4W program. Please add me for support, encouragement, motivation and to keep track of each others progress. Thank you :)

Replies

• Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Add me too! :D
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm on stage 1 right now and loving it! Sending a request :-)
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I added you. I can always use the encouragement. I love Weightlifting!
  • Bakerchk
    Options
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Am on the group and also on stage 1, add me if you want ;-) x
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm on S6 and am still loving it. Feel free to add me, too!
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting the book and starting the program. What equipment is needed for this?
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'll be finished with stage 1 in 2 Weeks. LOVE IT!!!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting the book and starting the program. What equipment is needed for this?

A gym membership with a true weights area - you need access to a squat rack, pull down rack, and seated row machine (you can do bent over barbell pulls in place of the seated rows). I workout at home, and the author does give replacements for any of the rack assisted lifts. I have a full weight set and rack that my husband (and now I) use. Not inexpensive, but worth it and more than paid for itself over the years.

Fixed dumbbells are not so good, so if you're going to buy weights, get the plates and empty dumbbells and barbells - and be sure you get them in small increments as well as 5, 10, & 25 # plates. Shoulder presses really need to go up in 1.25 to 2.5 # increments!
  • Bakerchk
    Options

A gym membership with a true weights area - you need access to a squat rack, pull down rack, and seated row machine (you can do bent over barbell pulls in place of the seated rows). I workout at home, and the author does give replacements for any of the rack assisted lifts. I have a full weight set and rack that my husband (and now I) use. Not inexpensive, but worth it and more than paid for itself over the years.

Fixed dumbbells are not so good, so if you're going to buy weights, get the plates and empty dumbbells and barbells - and be sure you get them in small increments as well as 5, 10, & 25 # plates. Shoulder presses really need to go up in 1.25 to 2.5 # increments!

^^^ THIS! Also, if I can give a recommendation.... read the book thoroughly... especially if you are new to lifting. The book is extremely informational but with that being said, it's a lot of information to retain. I read the book over a week and then started my exercises. Read the description for the workouts and try not to miss days (follow the plan given). Best of luck!
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Bump