New and working hard towards my goal

Or at least I'm trying to.

My name is Lexie and well I'm new, obviously. I've reached a point in my life where I want to live a healthier lifestyle and feel I can make those improvements.

A little about myself: I'm 28 years old, currently weigh 157 and am five feet tall. I work a desk job, but I walk daily (at least 2 miles) and swim in the summers so I feel I'm in reasonably good health for what I am. I'm hoping to attend college in Boston next fall (2013) and feel I should have a healthier view of food and eating, as well as exercising, before I move and have to also contend with adjusting to a new environment and courseload.

Current Weight: 157 lbs
Goal Weight: 125 lbs
Goal Timeline: August 2013
Trouble Areas: Belly and Butt
Potential Obstacles: I have lung scarring from various surgeries I had as a child that make it difficult to breathe at times, I'm allergic to a lot of fruits

In the last year I've been trying to moderate how I eat--substituting foods (ground turkey for ground beef, steamed fresh veggies w/lemon instead of boiled w/butter and salt, hot tea w/lemon instead of iced sweet tea) and portion controlling, but I haven't seen significant weight loss, I haven't gained weight either so I suppose that's a plus.

Its my hope that if I keep track of what I eat, how much I eat, how much exercise I do, I build towards my goal in a more definable way.

Anyhow I'm looking forward to hanging around! Thanks!