Seeking Inexpensive Vegan Protein Powder w/no aftertaste!

Options
Looking for an inexpensive, tasty protein powder. Any suggestions? My girlfriend let me try a vegan protein shake, Arbonne Essentials, that was really yummy! The only downside to this was the price...$60! Now, if I do the math, that puts me @ $2 per smoothie. I know it's not a lot but I was looking for something a little cheaper. It's really yummy but not sure my pocket can afford it with a senior in HS! Help! :drinker:

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Garden of Life Raw Protein, runs 30-40 per container with about 28 servings per, comes in many flavors I know you can find it at Whole Foods or Online.
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ***BUMP***:flowerforyou:

Save on Garden of Life | Vitacost.com
    www.vitacost.com/Garden-Of-Life - 10,142 seller reviews
    Raw Protein Garden of Life 25% Off Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed!
    631 people +1'd or follow Vitacost
    Free Shipping on Orders Over $49 - $10 Coupon for First-Time Customers
  • drmarctagon
    drmarctagon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Looking for an inexpensive, tasty protein powder. Any suggestions? My girlfriend let me try a vegan protein shake, Arbonne Essentials, that was really yummy! The only downside to this was the price...$60! Now, if I do the math, that puts me @ $2 per smoothie. I know it's not a lot but I was looking for something a little cheaper. It's really yummy but not sure my pocket can afford it with a senior in HS! Help! :drinker:

Thanks for asking this, I was just thinking about it this morning! I've been using Muscle Milk and I want to switch to something more natural and organic and I saw this post when i logged into MFP...I think I'll give Garden of Life a try...
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm another Garden of Life RAW protein fan. I get the unflavored and add it into green berry smoothies, etc.

Of the three or so protein products I've tried, this is the best.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are from but I bought a soy protein powder from Superstore (Canada) and it was only 13.99, chocolate was the best!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I get mine from truenutrition.com - I get a mixture of brown rice and gemma pea protein (the vanilla birthday cake flavor is my favorite!). It comes out to about $7 per pound with flavoring.
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I can also only use Vegan Protein Powder and recently I bought Jarrow Brown Rice Protein at my local GNC. It was vanilla flavor and I usually mix it with powdered peanut butter & So delicious Almond Milk Plus. It was only about $14 for a decent size container. I like the taste. I tried Harmonized Vegan Protein Powder (the protein content was really high) but I didn't like it that well.
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I get mine from truenutrition.com - I get a mixture of brown rice and gemma pea protein (the vanilla birthday cake flavor is my favorite!). It comes out to about $7 per pound with flavoring.

I've never heard of this before...sounds good...I'm going to check it out!
  • VeganHippieChick
    VeganHippieChick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Plant Fusion is the best I have had thus far.
  • TheLittleKittie
    Options
    Bumping to keep tabs of replies :-)
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I like Plant Fusion, Vega chocolate (the other flavors make me gag) and Sunwarrior. I'm not a fan of Garden of Life. Sunwarrior is a little pricey but you get a break if you order in bulk. Do you have a natural food store around? Mine has individual packs for sale so one day I bought a ton and tried them all out, that way I wasn't stuck with a whole pack if I hated it.
  • nmzeta
    nmzeta Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Garden of Life Raw and Vega are the ones I really enjoy. Vega is pricey so I buy it when it's on sale (45 instead of 65). I have never had Sun Warrior but I have heard good things about it.
    I also think you should buy the individual packets and try them out first to see what you like. It does matter how cheap it is if you spend $20 on something you hate and throw away. I'd rather spend $40-60 on something I love.
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    I can also only use Vegan Protein Powder and recently I bought Jarrow Brown Rice Protein at my local GNC. It was vanilla flavor and I usually mix it with powdered peanut butter & So delicious Almond Milk Plus. It was only about $14 for a decent size container. I like the taste. I tried Harmonized Vegan Protein Powder (the protein content was really high) but I didn't like it that well.

Going to try this, I should've mentioned I'm looking for a vegan powder. LOL!
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    I like Plant Fusion, Vega chocolate (the other flavors make me gag) and Sunwarrior. I'm not a fan of Garden of Life. Sunwarrior is a little pricey but you get a break if you order in bulk. Do you have a natural food store around? Mine has individual packs for sale so one day I bought a ton and tried them all out, that way I wasn't stuck with a whole pack if I hated it.

Great idea! Thanks. :)
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options

Thanks!