Unusual NSV.....

Options
I have a rather unusual NSV...not even sure if it's a good NSV or not. None of my rings fit anymore......my wedding set, my mother's ring & my anniversary band. None of them fit..They just spin around loosely on my fingers all day and drive me crazy.....Now usually in the Summer they are tighter than normal because of the swelling, sweating and humidity. Usually in the winter they feel even more loose. I think this winter I may not be able to wear them at all!!! What to do? Not sure if I want to resize so soon.

Replies

• bloodysore
    bloodysore Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a temporary fix but try wrapping some plumber's tape around the bands. On the side that faces your palm so it won't show. If you want something a little more permanent (and less visible) you can wrap fishing line around and then seal it with clear nail polish. But that's a pain to get off later. Hope this helps and congrats on them being loose in the first place!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You can go to a jeweler and get metal wrap around bands that are temporary sizers. Or you could have cartier beads installed if you are afraid to have sizing done.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I can't wear mine anymore either. Going to wait till I find the goal weight I am comfortable with and celebrate by getting them resized.:happy:
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen before, lose weight and rings get loose.

Listen to the first commenter, awesome advice for a temporary fix!

Yeah resizing now would most likely be too soon :)
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I lost mine this summer - I'd suggest a resize...
  • PaulW2MD
    PaulW2MD Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Be careful when I lost 70 lbs 6 years ago I lost my wedding band in a swimming pool never to be found again.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    they make little rubber sizers. I had to get one for my mothers ring. They work great and come in different thicknesses.
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    I have a rather unusual NSV...not even sure if it's a good NSV or not. None of my rings fit anymore......my wedding set, my mother's ring & my anniversary band. None of them fit..They just spin around loosely on my fingers all day and drive me crazy.....Now usually in the Summer they are tighter than normal because of the swelling, sweating and humidity. Usually in the winter they feel even more loose. I think this winter I may not be able to wear them at all!!! What to do? Not sure if I want to resize so soon.
    Try wrapping clear sellotape around the part of the rings that doesn't show - easy to remove later.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Try seeing if it fits your middle finger. A bit unconventional but you won't lose it there
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    congratulations ... I can sympathise

I cant wear my engagement ring at all now, and haven't been able to for a number of months. My wedding ring is not far away from falling off also, I will get them both re sized when I reach my goal. Im really looking forward to that as I miss my engagement ring :(
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I had to move my wedding rings to my middle finger when they slipped off into a box I was packaging for shipping at work. I almost mailed them to an aircraft parts company! I've been wearing them there until I'm at goal because I don't want to have them sized twice. Now that I think of it...I had them made bigger after I gained weight. I forgot about that.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Perhaps on a chain in the mean time, so you're still wearing them, they won't slip off and chains are pretty cheap so it won't cost a great deal.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    walmart carries packages of the rubber things to put on the band...there are like 5 in a pack, different sizes and thicknesses. Good and cheap alternative to resize
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you do resize will you think twice before you let your self get bigger?
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    For a while I would wear a ring that fit better with it to keep it on my finger. Now I wear the ones that have sentimental value on a chain around my neck now. Lost one and didn't want to take a chance after that.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    get them resized immediately or talk to a jeweler about your options. do this asap.

i lost my engagement ring last month due to it falling off my finger at a bar. luckily, i made it home with my wedding band still on and we have my jewelry insured, but it was a literal nightmare.

and, this happened ON MY FRIGGIN BIRTHDAY.
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you're not done losing weight, do one of the temporary fixes because each time they resize your rings, the metal gets weaker and weaker and eventually, they can't do anything. Oh and always take them off to go swimming, even my rings that weren't too big normally nearly fell off in the pool recently.

I'm very excited to finally FIT into my wedding set again! and then I'll be excited for when it's too big LOL
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring won't fit anymore either, which is a happy thing, but also very sad. We bought then ring when I was 17 (I weight less now then I did at 17. What the hell..)

I'm going to wait till I hit my goal or around there then get it re sized. It needs some other work done as well, so its going to be my gift to myself. Until then, around my neck it goes.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'd wait until you hit your goal, and maintain that for a while.
    In fact, I simply don't wear my rings that do not fit. I will get back to them once I hit, maintain, and trust to be permanent, my weight goal. Then, I'll have them resized.
    Hubby (of 23 yrs.) understands and is very supportive. Lucky me! :tongue:
  • msprouse8
    msprouse8 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!! The rings fit 12 years ago when I got married and have still fit all these years.......through my 40 lb weight gain, then 25 lb loss...then got pregnant and gained 25 lbs. back. Now I've lost 24 and I only weigh 3 lbs less than I did when I got the rings so it's kinda mind boggling!!!!???? Who knows. Once I shed these last 6 lbs I'll see where they stand and decide what to do about it. :o)

There are some great suggestions out there!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!